ZBrushCentral

***NEW*** The Textile Wrinkle Brush!

Hey Everyone,

After I had such a great response on my last brush, I was inspired to make another one for you guys!

The Textile Wrinkle Brush

This brush was designed to easily produce just about any type or wrinkle you can imagine.
Ideally paired with a drawing tablet, this will allow you to create very smooth buildups.

Experiment with the brush size and the focal intensity!

A medium sized brush with a very tight focal intensity will allow you to create nice tight wrinkles.
This is ideal for thin, tightly stretched substrates.

A medium to large sized brush with a medium to large focal intensity will allow you to create smooth flowing wrinkles. This is ideal for more dense, loosely stretched substrates.

:warning:Please post your photos in this thread, if you download and use this brush:warning:

I hope you enjoy this brush! Please feel free to leave your questions and comments!
~Corey

Attachments

TextileRender.jpg

1 Like

Downloading :slight_smile: looks like it could be good for hair too.

Hey,

Thank you for downloading my brush!
I never thought to use it for hair… You’ve inspired me, firing up ZBrush as we speak!

Since you mention hair, you may also be interested in my Organic Buildup Brush.
Check it out here.
I look forward to seeing what you sculpt with my brush!
Corey

Hi Corey

thanks again for sharing. It looks like this brush would be great for wrinkles and sculpted hair.

Big shout-out to Halogenic, for continuously supporting my custom brushes.
Thank you so much for downloading and testing them out!

I LOVED your sculpts with the Organic Buildup Brush, I can’t wait to see what you come up with
using the Textile Wrinkle Brush!

I’m very interested to see someone use this for some hair.
God, these brushes pair together so nicely, I promise I didn’t plan it that way! :slight_smile:

Enjoy!
Corey

Hi Corey,

Thanks for this brush, can’t wait to give it a spin. I have to check out your Organic buildup brush as well. Cheers! :smiley:

Hey there I actually used both this brush and the organic buildup brush you made, amongst others like move and slash3. Really like these brushes, and look forward to using them. Thank you so much for sharing.
Sorry for the quick scribble sculpt though, was just trying to find a way to use organic buildup. I found a way :smiley:

fdsa.jpg

Thanks Corey :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work.

This one is great too!
This is 100% your brush, I did use alt to carve in sometimes but no smoothing or anything.
These are great brushes! Thank you!

----EDIT: I think I need to learn more about making brushes, this is a neat thing you are doing here, and Mr. Black has been impressing me for a long time now with his, it just was so far over my head at that point I didn’t look into the process…

Cheers!
Mealea

Chalkman - Thank you so much for downloading the brush! Please check out the Organic Buildup Brush as well, I think you’ll really dig it.
Remember to experiment with Focal Intensities, as well as using them in Subtractive ways… You’ll get VERY different results.
Thanks again! -Corey

Darxx - Thanks for taking the time to post a test sculpt! I really dig the concept, and hope to see more of your experimentations with my
custom brushes! Cheers! -Corey

Mealea - Wow… That sculpture is awesome, and I’m stoked to see more of your work! Honestly, making brushes is very simple.
There are tons of great tutorials online - I would try youtube first. Good luck -Corey

Everyone Else - What is the problem, why have you decided to look at this page, but not download my brush? You see all of these cool
sculptures people are posting, and you still resist? Give in, you know you want to. Your mother would be so proud of you
for making such a great choice in your sculpting careers… So, do yourself a favor, do your mom a favor, and download my brush.
XxoOoxoxooOxooxO -Corey (just kidding, its really not that great, you’ll probably hate it)

Ok, you win: your mom is a lovely person so I download your brush :smiley:
more seriously I’m going to give both your brushes a good try.

Can you tell us a bit how you created these brushes? I mean NOT where to click in the brudh palette or how to save the brush,
BUT how you determined what you wanted, the sensation you were looking for. I’m new at zbrush and I’m still at a loss as to what brushes do well and not well.

cheers and thanks for sharing!
U.

wow…your organic buildup brush keeps me busy at the moment,
but I’ll try this one later:+1:

@Mealea

looks really cool,
like some kind of alien-faberge egg:)

Thanks for the brush it real handy. Here’s a rough sketch I did only using your Textile wrinkle.
WrinkledFella.jpg

usurpator - Thanks for taking the time to check out my brushes! To answer your questions: My inspiration for both of the brushes started out with my love for the Clay Buildup Brush. I found myself using this brush on nearly every model I worked on. Its incredibly fluid and easy to use when it comes to building up form, however I wanted more options… I feel like the Clay Buildup Brush really shines most (for me) when it comes to inorganic modeling. The edges and detail you can create, while you buildup form, is amazing. With that said, I wanted a similar option for organic modeling. Something similar, but less harsh… The Organic Buildup Brush was designed to feel exactly like the Clay Buildup Brush, but also be able to achieve softer results. The Textile Wrinkle Brush is very similar to the Organic Buildup Brush, but is more ideal for creating long fluid curves or lines (like wrinkles in clothing, or strands of hair). Both brushes will achieve very similar, and very different results depending on how you use them. I highly recommend experimenting with Focal Intensities as well as using them both in a Subtractive manner, I think you’ll really like the results you’ll get… As for being new to ZBrush and the uses of the various brushes… I’ve been using ZBrush on and off for about 8 months now, and I still don’t know the what all of the brushes do. Get in there and experiment, you’ll find the tools that you like, and ones that you don’t. Honestly, I think most people have a few “go-to” brushes and alphas, and the rest never gets used. I would recommend opening up ZBrush, loading up a primitive of your choice, subdividing to 200,000+ polygons, and start testing out the various brushes ZBrush comes with. The high-poly primitive will allow you to easily capture the detail of what each brush is doing, so you can quickly learn about the difference in the various brushes. Don’t forget that ZBrush ships with a TON of extra brushes that aren’t preloaded into the program, so be sure to check those out as well. You can also hold CTRL as you hover your most over most brushes, and a description will pop up. And last but not least, there is always YouTube tutorials you can check out. Anyways, I’ll cut this off before it becomes a novel :slight_smile: Hopefully this has addressed your questions and helped you out a bit. ~Corey

jamesleaburn - Thank you for downloading my brush, and posting a pic! Cheers - Corey

Corey - many thanks for you advice! I’m going to do as you say.

You are correct, even now I tend to always go to the same brushes. I keep trying to use the trim dynamic (seem popular and is recommanded by Ryan Kingslien) but drives me nuts! I can’t “feel” what it does. I mean I understand the trim adaptative: take a normal and POW like a laser enforce it. But the trim dynamic? Does it average between two planes? sometimes it feels like yes and sometimes no. My inability to physically sense it (do I make sense???) means it is a totally unpredictable brush to me.

Just started playing with your textile wrinkle brush, it’s a lot of fun! I hope I’ll be able to post a little image soon.

cheers
Usurpator

usurpator - The Trim brushes are a bit tricky to get used to. I like to think of the Trim Dynamic Brush almost like the HPolish Brush, but softer and less defined. The HPolish Brush will allow you to flatten/smooth/polish out areas that are really defined - great for hard surface work. The Trim Dynamic Brush does a similar effect, but it is far less defined, and can easily flow in and out of geometry. You’ll probably see Ryan Kingslien using this brush to define flat surfaces on organic models (like defining and upper lip (something that is flat, but rounded at the same time))… Hopefully that made some sense :slight_smile:
I also see a lot of people using it on environment sculpting, on things like rocks… Again, it allows you to flatten out edges/surfaces in a less uniform way than the HPolish Brush.

Agan, dont just take other peoples word for it, you’ve got to get in there, fire it up, and test it out. There are tons of great instructors out there, Ryan being one of them… Just remember, art is subjective… What may work for one person, may not work for you. We all sculpt the same stuff, but we all have different methods/workflows/tools to achieve those results, its all about what works best for how you work.

Keep it up, ZBrush may see like one of the most intricate softwares you’ve tried to learn. Believe me - put in the hours, and it will all work out in the end.
~Corey

I still use your brushes ALL THE TIME.

I just thought you might like to hear that.
Heres the latest thing I used this one on:

NotDoneObviously.jpg

Thank you again!!!

Cheers!
Mealea

Wow, thank you so much!!!

I’m glad to see you are still using the brushes I made.
Very awesome sculpt, by the way!

Corey

Corey, I’ve had these brushes for quite a while, but stupid me never realized it was you that created them! Great job, and thank you!

Como podria descargar esta brocha, gracias.