Senior Member User Gallery

Hey my friend,

Your work is really good-looking and thank you for sharing your workflow on the basketball, it is very useful to me.
    I would really (badly) like to see your workflow on the preparation on 3d printing, so if you could find the time in your busy schedule I would be very grateful!

Cheers
    Portfolio website: www.ThijsdeBruijn.com

Default Small update walk through coming

I did A bust version of the Cassowary. This is a straight up BPR render.

Some "Clay" renders.

LVXIFER - Thanks!

cdizzle - Zbrush is not a true 3D environment, 2.5D, so it is not like doing a Maya layout. I did use depth maps in photoshop, but I guess I need to tweak the background more

a i r - I took a lot of noodling, but Zbrush is just the best.

tez - I will go over my steps in photoshop, please be patient. Gotta do the fibermesh steps first.

Doug Jones - Thank you, sir!

EZRA52 - You are making me blush...I don't consider myself a master of anything, I just follow the lead of all the great talents on this forum, but thank you for the praise.

Santis - Right back attcha. Isn't getting your stuff printed just a hoot?! Great stuff.

boozy floozie - Thank you...Yeah, I pushed my machine to the limit, that is for sure. My final master pass took almost 2 hours to render. I did model to the view. I new I was pushing my machine's limit so I tried to keep the fibermesh only to what would be in the frame.

sculptor.zb - Thank you very much.

SammehSAMURAI - Thanks! I would love to see one in the wild...as long as I can carry a riot shield and body armor. Very testy critters.

chris-carter - Thank you. Your stuff is awesome. Love the poster update, by the way.

Slice - Thanks. I know I dropped the ball on the printing tutorial (no pun intended). I will try and put it together....finally!

And to all of you have stopped by the thread, but didn't comment, thank you for taking the time. I am working on the walk through, coming soon!

Carver

Default Fibermesh tutorial added

Alrighty folks, here is the first part of my walk through covering the foreground fibermesh assets. I will follow up with arranging the background elements and compositing in Photoshop.

I will do my best to post the rest ASAP.

Cheerio

Carver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_Cass_Feathers_DP.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	476.6 KB 
ID:	330289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_Foreground_Fibermesh_DP.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	330290  

Thank you so much for all the work you've done to share this information with us Carver. VERY much appreciated. Your project is just amazing. I hopr I can soon understand all of this well enough to do something cool with these new Zbrush tools. Thanks again.

Ezra

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful artwork and techniques, man. So awesome!

New Member User Gallery

Wow, Carver. Amazing work! I've been meaning to sculpt a Cassowary myself as I grew up around them and have eaten their monster sized green eggs. Now I'm frozen between motivation and despair LOL. Thanks

I love it!! awesome walk through very very useful and ill be adding some of this to my current model.... strangely enough right now I am sat on a balcony in the land of the cassowary in Kuranda Far Northeast Queensland Australia... just here on a visit now but years ago I used to live here and came face to face with one of these amazing creatures on the way home through the jungle back from the beach.... Big bright yellow eyes I remember the most from the meeting as he was about 5 foot away from me...... and it came out of the bush sounding like a elephant crunching branches and forcing long grass out of the way after staring at me for what felt like a lifetime he then crouched down and crept off into the forest hardly making any sound at all!

amazing 5= foot tall birds... (dinosaur like)

New Member User Gallery

Neat story earthtriber. I've been to Cairns myself. I grew up across the reef in Papua New Guinea. Like you I'm doing a few tribal-inspired sculpts including the cassowary So pleasantly surprised to find this thread by Carver!

Thanks for wonderful workflow breakdown; I didn't even realize that the dead leaves were Fibermesh! Excellent work congrats on Top Row!

-Joseph

Hi Carver,

Just wanted to thank you for the Tut's and the work you put in to provide them to us. Very cool

Blaine
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

Awesome breakdown!!! Thank you for sharing these, very kind. The dead leaves in final render looks terrific.

but most of my results sprang from acting like a three year old banging on Grandma's piano
    Irving Berlin used the one finger method but banging sounds more fun.

You're a star Sir for taking the time out to show how you went about it.

Best wishes.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that the rest of the walk through is coming, but I have got a horrid case of bronchitis, and just haven't had any steam. I promise to follow through, just give me a few days.

Peace

D

Default Rendering and Compositing breakdown!

Ezra52 - No problem. Just keep plugging away.

Dencii - You are most welcome.

DeckardSolo and Earthtriber - Boy am I jealous! I would love to pay your area a visit.

Piggson - Thank you, sir. That means a lot, as you have helped me for years now. High five yourself because you have contributed more to me than you could know.

Blaine91555 - My pleasure, man.

makan ansari - Thank you!

Air - Thanks a lot.

boozy floozie - You are a riot!!! Great laugh.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast