ZBrushCentral

Tristan Patrick - Sketchook

Finally gave up on making excuses and got my sorry ass back to work. Hope to fill this sketchbook with at least 2 speedsculpts a week, need to keep myself busy while on the job hunt. Anyways here is a speed sculpt from today, Roughly 2 hours. Sculpt is based off of this concept art: http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/wow-wrath-of-the-lich-king/tuskarr-concept-art.jpg

Thanks for taking a look, Critiques and comments are always welcome.

Attachments

WallyWalrus_TristanPatrick.jpg

WallyWalrusTool_TristanPatrick.jpg

Speedsculpt of the night. Based off of a Concept by Wesley Burt. Personally I’m a bit disappointed that a lot of the detail work I did on the sculpt didn’t come out in the render but Im still happy with it.

SpeedSculptWB_TristanPatrick.jpg

Hour speedsculpt after having some deep fried turkey, surprised I didn’t fall asleep after the turkey to be honest.
Concept is not my own, but I do not know who the original artist was so regretfully I can not credit him.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt.jpg
TristanPatrick_SpeedsculptTool.jpg

Very cool stuff here, loving the wax look, nice bust work!

hey, really cool sculpts in here!!
love the expression of the last one, but all are cool! keep it up!!:+1:

Great sculpt!

Let me help you out with the credits :

The concept artist is Joshua James Shaw

http://cghub.com/images/view/1380/

-R

Hi I saw your post and couldn’t resist. I did this piece a few months ago. Check it out if you want. I think I like yours better. Yours is more stylized. Cheers! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?90401-Nassos-s-Sketchbook/page6

Thanks a lot of the comments guys!

@d100763: Thank you very much. The last sculpt is using the new SSS Wax shader in R2.

@wethand: Yea I loved how it was presented in the concept, I only wish I had pushed the eyebrows and lips a little more.

@nassosa: Thanks a lot for the comment, I remember creeping on your work of George Papandreou a while ago. Love seeing the different approach to the sculpt. A few of my old classmates also did the same concept, each of us in our own style. Its very cool to see other people’s take on a concept and what they see in it.

@Renaud Galand: Thanks for the link! Glad my sculpt was good enough to be able to tell what concept artist it was :stuck_out_tongue: Really love that Vampire Monkey sculpt you have on your portfolio, makes me think of Escape from Monkey Island.

Very cool stuff here. It’s fun to see Yours and Nassos’s work based on the same concept.
They’re both great :+1:

TristanRPatrick what is the MatCap you used for an elf? (not the wax one)

The grey shader is called RS_GreyClayLight created by Ralf Stumpf. When in school a classmate recommended them to me, they’ve been a lot of help while learning how to sculpt.

Another day another sculpt. Outdoing my goal of two sculpts a week for this blog right now but I’ve really been enjoying taking an hour out of my day to just relax and sculpt away. Wanted to try and do a harder edge styled sculpt.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt04.jpg

nice bust work, clean sharp lines on the last one…recognized the RS matcaps right away ;)…nice work here!

Another one hour sculpt. Based off one of the original Salarian concepts from Mass Effect.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt05.jpg

Another 1 hour speedsculpt with 15-20 minutes extra to figure out how to use dynamesh to combine the face tendrils to the head. Concept again from Joshua James Shaw.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt06.jpg

These are great, nice collection you’re building…what’s the trick to combining the dynamesh?..my subtools seem to blend but there is a crease between them when I try to smooth it out…Thanks

Im really new to dynamesh so Im not sure if Im doing it right but to attach the tendrils I made them a separate tool and under the Geometry menu I then selected the ‘insert mesh’ button and added in the tendrils. After that I just had to click ‘add’ under the same menu and did a little bit of smoothing and re-sculpting to attach the pieces.

Once again I have no idea if Im going about using dynamesh properly as it was my first time using it and I have yet to sit down and properly watch any tutorial videos on it, but that method worked out for my purposes. Hope that helps!

I might end up revisiting this speedsculpt as I’d love to have hair on it. I’m not sure how long was spent on this one as I worked on it whenever I had a few minutes to sit down by the computer.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt07.jpg

After a weekend of travelling finally was able to sit down again and sculpt. Original Concept can be found here.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt08.jpg

Here piggy piggy piggy… Concept from Michael Kutsche. Struggled a lot with this one, not completely happy with it but you win some you lose some…

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt09.jpg

Took a little longer then usual on this one as I really wanted to do skin details, but they didn’t quite come out in the render. Concept is based off artwork by Michael Kutsche again. C&C always welcome.

TristanPatrick_Speedsculpt10.jpg