ZBrushCentral

BeRad's Little Shop of Horrors

For my first post, I descided to clean up a guy I abandoned a while back. He’s loosely based on a sketch by Neville Page, who’s a freakishly talented concept artist. Send me comments, critiques, or hatemail- I love them all :smiley:

Anyhoo, hope you like the work and check back soon for more!
-B

Attachments

Layout.jpg

Very nice, clean modellling, good style & proportions. I like it. :+1:

Tip: You should upload more detail-screenshots, your work deserves this :wink:

BruceWillis.jpg

Here’s my first dip into polypainting- I thought Mr. Willis would be a good test subject because of his-er baldness. And yea I skipped the eyebrows, but I don’t miss em! Would love to know what you think.

Thanks
-B

SpaceBeast.jpgSpaceDemon.jpg

Here are 2 variations on the same idea- trying to combine a little bit of hardsurface with organic. Any tips on scifi armor would be a huge help!

Some nice sculpts and shapes Berad - keep it :D:+1:

Good stuff man!!

Just look at that smile! This is what I imagine used car salesmen look like on the inside :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice, clean modellling, good style & proportions. I like it. :+1:

This is awesome! I literally love the design you put in it.

Looks great.

Is the blue of the skin a matcap or polypaint?

@Ox- All materials are non-matcap. Matcaps don’t respond to custom lights, so they’re not useful when rendering with multiple subtools(I had around 50 before merging down). If you DO use multiple matcaps with multiple sutools, every subtool responds to a different set of lights/shadows. That looks VERY weird.

I experimented with a bunch of basic materials on different subtools until I got the right look. Here’s the breakdown:
Horns- skinshader04 (I know, weird choice, but it looked good!)
Skin- basicshader01 with specular tweaks and some polypaint layers.
Armor- Metallic 01 with subtle R2 noise applied. The gold inlays and bolts have more specular, darker metal has less specular (in the material sliders).
Hope that helps!

@Guti- I kinda thought he had a face which only a mother could love, but he’s got a special place in my heart, too! Thanks so much for the comment, totally made my day :slight_smile:

@Madeline- Thanks for the kind words, but you copy/pasted it from another post, and that combined with your (lack of)profile makes you look like a spambot. Are YOU a spambot?! Whatevs, I still like you :slight_smile:

Great designs! Love that last one, SpaceBeast! Yeah, nicely done with the materials. I need to mess more with the settings on materials like you’ve done there. Nicely done! Can’t wait to see more.

MrFlaily.jpg

Here’s a guy I’ve been working on for the last couple weeks. He’s a total jerk and has no friends. If you see him in hell, shoot him in the lungbags!

I was pretty psyched to get my first chains in there- modeled and rigged in maya using a pretty simple tutorial. They’re still kinda floaty, but I’ll post some updates soon. Still a long way to go on this guy…

btw Happy Black Friday! Now go buy the most self-indulgent thing you see :stuck_out_tongue:

MrFlaily2.jpg

Here’s a day of modelling progress w a quick lighting pass- on the homestretch!

ZombieSketch.jpg

Here’s a ~2.5 hour sketch done between finals, moving apartments and yea… Skyrim! I kinda just wanted to play around with toon sculpting- it ain’t easy.

Here’s a quick hand study I did this week. It was fun to focus on all those little details.

You deserve a hand … for those hands! Very nice job. :+1:

Wow, i really like the sense of tension. I think you can pop the wrinkles a bit more, but really nice work.

Nice work with the hand, but try for next time to work a bit more with the gross details before adding the fine details, the hands looks “flat” in some places. Enyway Good work mate.

cool, thumb might need some work though