ZBrushCentral

Some Work I've Done....YAY!

I do already have a thread started but it was my first post and I didnt like the way I presented it, so I thought I’d start afresh! :smiley:

This is a head I sculpted and textured in around 8 hours, I might have rushed it abit but I’m still learning so I know there will be alot of bits I can improve on. :+1:

Below is a few shots of my progress during the sculpt and the final image.

I’m pleased with how the final render came out (done in 3DS MAX with Mental Ray), it can definately improve comparing it to most of the work in this forum :smiley:
Many thanks for taking time to look.

Crits & Comments Please :+1:

Attachments

Start.jpg

Start2.jpg

Start3.jpg

Start4.jpg

Start5.jpg

Final.jpg

Dude, I started watching these renders, I was like ‘alright it’s nice, it’s getting better, it’s getting reaaalllyy good’ and then I saw the mental ray version and it ruined everything. I love the model and sculpting but the render ruins everything. The skin looks too waxy and the pores are kinda too strong/big. But it could definetely be worked out and this still has a chance to end up as a really nice and convincing render. I believe you can do it :wink:

Hey, thanks for the crit. I know what you mean, I’m still learning mental ray SSS shader and I keep getting a slight ‘wax’ feel to it and as for the pores that was my bad with the bump mapping (bit too strong). I’ll see what I can do with it at some point. I appreciate you taking time out to let me know what you think :smiley: I might try a different renderer (maybe inside zbrush or Vray).

You’re welcome:) It may be a good idea to try out a different renderer but I’d suggest you get the maximum out of mental ray first. What lights are You using? Oh and I noticed that the area below the lower eyelid is kinda too strong, there is a “step” there. I think it should be more subtle, but I may be wrong:)

Hey bud, I’m not at my pc right now but I think it was 3x MR Area spot lights at varied colour and intensity and a self illuminated plane for some reflection in the eyes. I’m gonna give it a few more renders tonight with mental ray and see if I can soften the wax look of it. I might even add a hand for the cigarette. :wink:

Here’s a couple of ‘clean’ renders made with VRay

VRAY_FINAL_QTR_VIEW.jpg
VRAY_FINAL_FRONT.jpg

Added a hand to this render, seems to give a bit more depth to it.

Crits & Comments please.

FinalWithArmEdit.jpg

Looks good but he must choke the chicken a lot. :slight_smile:

Hahaha! Bugger, im gonna have to sort that out now! Good spot! :lol:

Haha! Right, a new render will be up in a mo (this time without the hairy palms!) :lol: Silly me forgot to flip it when exporting the texture from zbrush! Durrrr! :o

Here we go, Lightened it up abit in photoshop aswell. Hope you like! :smiley:

FinalWithArmEditHaironarm.jpg

Hey guys, I’ve been away from zbrush the past few weeks which gave me the chance to catch up on some family time which in turn inspired me to do a new 3D sculpt.

This is a WIP I’ve just started of my 1 year old daughter Freya. :slight_smile:

Front1.jpgQtr1.jpgSide1.jpg

Finally got round to doing some more work on this. Got some textured screen grabs. C&C’s welcome. :smiley:

QtrTextured1.jpg
FrontTextured1.jpg

She looks very sweet :slight_smile: I made a baby myslelf lately but not so realistick as you.
Can’t wait to see finished piece.

Many thanks nebular, you have some nice sculpts yourself!!

I couldn’t get an exact likeness of my daughter but gave it a shot. :wink: Heres a render in VRay with a tiny bit of post PS.

Freya1VRayedit.jpg

Hi guys, I’ve started a new project and thought I would post a W.I.P.

After My last couple of images I thought I would hit the anatomy books and really try and up my skill and knowledge, as I wasn’t at all happy with how the last sculpt came out.

This is where I’m at so far, I still have some work to do with the eyes and then I can start to get on with attempting my first shot at hair and eyebrows aswell as eyelashes!!! :eek:

WIP_Test1.jpg

Nice propgress so far, keep it up. If you want any crits let us know.

Hey tez, thanks alot. Yeah crits and comments more than welcomed. :smiley:

Hi guys, been struggling to get some work done on this since I’m now back to work after a year long illness!! But…I got some small updates to it done, firstly I played with the camera perspective and thought it gives it a bit more to the shot compared to my last image, secondly I played with the skin shaders slightly as I found that she looked as though she had rosatia (I think thats how you spell it :stuck_out_tongue: ) in some of the renders I did, and lastly I did her eyebrows (Joe Alters - Shave & Haircut).

Crits & Comments welcomed. Really want to get this to the finish line! :smiley:

Attachments

Female_Portrait_Update_1.jpg