Senior Member User Gallery

render looks soo realistic
    even textures and fiber mesh
    everythings just wow

That's quite incredible.

Good job.

So I've been trying to work on a couple of projects at once and got tired of them all. I thought I'd do some random guy and practice some facial anatomy and expression and do it really quick. I kind of ended up adding more and more stuff as usual so it took a bit longer than expected,

Fibermesh for the hair. I know the chest hair is not that great, but I got tired of the model and needed to finish it. Wonderful BPR for the render. No SSS, only wax preview.

Never mind the thumbnails. I don't know how to delete those
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angry man front render.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	313366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angry man side render.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	313370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angry man front render no chest.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	313384  
    Last edited by morrisCowboy; 07-03-12 at 03:19 PM.

User Gallery

i really like the potential in this "short project"... my suggestion is to crop the images to show just the portrait, only neck and nothing from torso (i know you spent time on it), and see how it pops up many steps... the portrait work is great, expression and hair solution is great. focus on that with this work !
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

User Gallery

your tutorial rules! i used it while creating my skyrim fan art

Quote Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
    i really like the potential in this "short project"... my suggestion is to crop the images to show just the portrait, only neck and nothing from torso (i know you spent time on it), and see how it pops up many steps... the portrait work is great, expression and hair solution is great. focus on that with this work !
    You're right. Said and done. Thanks. I needed the little push. It's going to not spend the next week being annoyed over that details disturbing the image.
    Daniel Bystedt
    d.bystedt@gmail.com

ZBC User gallery (also accessible below avatar if you have not noticed)
    http://dbystedt.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by McAllem View Post
    your tutorial rules! i used it while creating my skyrim fan art
    Thanks, man! I'm glad you found it useful!
    Daniel Bystedt
    d.bystedt@gmail.com

The chest hair IS great, what are you talking about?

Fantastic sculpt!

So I'm trying to cleaning up all those old unfinished projects that I have lying around and I finally finished this piece. It's rendered in BPR and comp was done in Photoshop. I wanted to try to do feathers with ZBrushs fiber mesh feature. It works good since you can see what happens with your grooming at all times, but there are some issues with grooming that I would be thrilled if Pixologic would look into.

1. Add a feature to the brush menu that prevents fibers from rotating along it's axis when "preserve length" is active.
    2. Combine fibermesh subtools without destroying the grooming ability on the resulting subtool.
    3. Vary textures within a subtool. I felt that the feathers looked a bit monotomous, but I tried to avoid it as mouch as I could by having separate subtools for the different feather areas.
    4. Add binding of fibermesh to another mesh object. Let's say you're in a production pipeline and you have groomed a characters fur in T-pose. An animator is going to pose the model and the director want's you to rerender or fix the grooming for that specific pose. Importing the pose is no problem, but the fur is not reshaped to fit the new pose. I would like it so that the fiberMesh remembers wich subtool and polygon it comes from and therefore it can calculate the new normal and position of the polygon so that the FiberMesh can be adjusted to the new pose.
    Daniel Bystedt
    d.bystedt@gmail.com

Agreed! I would love to see these additions/changes as well. I found it very frustrating when trying to groom my feathers and having them always rotate to face the camera and look good from that angle but as soon as you move the camera to another angle, everything is jacked up.

Member User Gallery

that is one nice bird you got there! nice, posture, great colors and interesting rendering!

Default wow!

I just can say wow!!!! Wow!

New Member User Gallery

Default Great bird work

I love your feathers! great work.

Default LeChuck

Who's one of the best all time game villains? Ghost pirate LeChuck of course! Sculpted, textured and rendered in ZBrush. Comp in PS. Let's see how he turned out...

Last edited by morrisCowboy; 09-09-12 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Update

USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisCowboy View Post
    So I'm trying to cleaning up all those old unfinished projects that I have lying around and I finally finished this piece. It's rendered in BPR and comp was done in Photoshop. I wanted to try to do feathers with ZBrushs fiber mesh feature. It works good since you can see what happens with your grooming at all times, but there are some issues with grooming that I would be thrilled if Pixologic would look into.

1. Add a feature to the brush menu that prevents fibers from rotating along it's axis when "preserve length" is active.
    2. Combine fibermesh subtools without destroying the grooming ability on the resulting subtool.
    3. Vary textures within a subtool. I felt that the feathers looked a bit monotomous, but I tried to avoid it as mouch as I could by having separate subtools for the different feather areas.
    4. Add binding of fibermesh to another mesh object. Let's say you're in a production pipeline and you have groomed a characters fur in T-pose. An animator is going to pose the model and the director want's you to rerender or fix the grooming for that specific pose. Importing the pose is no problem, but the fur is not reshaped to fit the new pose. I would like it so that the fiberMesh remembers wich subtool and polygon it comes from and therefore it can calculate the new normal and position of the polygon so that the FiberMesh can be adjusted to the new pose.
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 ... LastLast