ZBrushCentral

MaxPower81's Sketch Book

Welcome to my sketch book. It is my intent to add to this fairly regularly, so please do subscribe and enjoy!

Mane Man

Like everyone else, I wanted to explore the new Dynamesh features of ZBrush 4 R2, so I dug up this sketch I did whose glorious (ludicrous?) hair seemed the perfect challenge. My process in the video got a little random as I experimented with all the new stuff in strange new ways just to see what worked, so this isn’t my typical workflow.

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/29652436?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“556” width=“890”></iframe>

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/29653998?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“480” width=“768”></iframe>

music by:
“I Look to You (feat. Kimbra)”
Miami Horror

I’m tempted to paint him up or render him in VRay or both, but before then I have another project I’ll be posting any day now. Get excited.

Attachments

ManeMan_03.jpg

maneMan_still_A.jpg

maneMan_still_B.jpg

maneMan_still_C.jpg

maneMan_still_D.jpg

maneMan_still_E.jpg

Cool technique. I will explore that for sure :cool:

Really awesome sculpt mate! Love the design and expression.
My only crit would be that I think the model could use a bit more refinement, especially the hair still looks pretty rough

looks awesome very solid shapes and form:D:+1:

very interesting workflow ! i will dig up that ! :smiley: also, i noticed one thing : could you explain me how you managed to put the picture on the plane ? it’s done with “quick sketch” ? or it was a polypaint from texture ?

Really like this cartoon bust very solid shapes
congrats:+1:

i like

Great head! Thanks for the video showing how you did it, too!

Thanks. I totally agree on the hair. Frankly it was more of an excuse to use the new tools and it was only ever meant as a sketch. It was tedious getting it where I did. If it were for production I would go back and refine a lot.

@allaze, it’s just a poly plane subtool with a texture map applied. I saved myself some trouble and kept it square and made sure my texture was too, so I didn’t have to go in and match proportions between the image and the plane to get rid of stretching. Not very high tech but it works fine.

oh that is interesting, i will try to do similar :slight_smile:

Excellent head.

Wonderful skill !

(I’m talking about Zbrush sculpting).

:wink:

:+1:

i’m liking that bust, nice style and expression. great work

Thanks for all the kind words folks. And thanks too to @pixologic on Twitter for the shout out on this thread. I’m flattered.

I got a request on Twitter to see a wireframe, so here it is. It obviously doesn’t look like much, but since I wasn’t clear on what Dynamesh wireframes looked like before I had the chance to play with them, this might answer some people’s questions.

maneMan_wireframe.jpg

While editing the main sculpt video, I realized I cut too much of the hair sculpting out. So here it is on its own. I used Dynamesh and a lot of Curve Quad Fill and some Clay Polish.

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/29747920?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“480” width=“768”></iframe>

excellent !

Lovely stuff! Thanks for sharing the timelapses.

this is awesome. I’m stoke to be back in zbrush again. glad to see others love the clay buildup brush as much as I do.

Egg Man

Like Mane Man, and Flat Cap Chap before him, this guy started life as a humble work doodle. I had fun with him and his bizarre proportions. Hope you like him.

There was a lot of Dynamesh, Curves, Slice brush, etc. I’m beginning to find Dynamesh crashes my ZBrush a lot. Slice too. They’re incredible features but I find myself compulsively saving before I use them now.

EggMan_01.jpgEggMan_A.jpgEggMan_B.jpgEggMan_C.jpg

Videos coming soon.

so cool! I love it!