ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Mike Jensen

Hey Everyone!

First of all it’s been such a pleasure to have been able to work with all these great new features! This release is game changing in more ways than one. Thanks Pixologic for such a great product and for allowing me to be apart of the process! =D

Here’s a comp using several render passes from R2. The new lighting systems and HDRI implementations are incredibly powerful!

Here’s a little tutorial showing the process for the render:

The Insert Brushes compliment Dynamesh very well. Drawing the insert brush on a Dynamesh will simply add to it, however when you use the ALT brush you can cut away from the mesh. I created a few mechanical insert brushes I’d like to share with everyone:

NOTE: I recommend when using these brushes that you have the Dynamesh resolution set to a higher resolution. Usually something above 450 works well. I consider these brushes to be more “finishing moves” to add the final detail to a model. Also play around with the polish feature of Dynamesh, as it will produce a very different result!

Download Here: Download Mechanical Insert Brushes
Alternate Download Link

I recorded the making of one of these brushes. Here’s the video:

//youtu.be/wYFoxDe9R_Q

More after the jump =)

Attachments

pix-zbc-up-final.JPG

tut001.jpg

tut002.jpg

tut003.jpg

tut004.jpg

tut005.jpg

tut006.jpg

tut007.jpg

tut008.jpg

mech-insert-brushes.jpg

Here’s a few more quick sculpts and a Timelaspe!

Quick sculpts all from spheres:

bust-sculpt-001.jpg

arm-render-001.jpg

Here’s a little timelapse of a concept sculpt for a mech. Dynamesh was used significantly to changes things a lot:

//youtu.be/lBYnrlYTnqg

Thanks!

Thank you is very nice

amazing work man !!!
Love your tutorial, the glowing eyes joke cracked me up, its funny couse its true, lol ;D
The ned result really looks like somthing from max or maya.

Nice sculpts and great use of the insert brush, thanks for sharing the videos and infomation.

Thanks for tutorial. And great sculpt u have here.

Awesome! Seeing great renders straight out of Zbrush and photoshop allways makes me happy! :smiley:
But i can’t download the brushes :confused:

how! really great! nice stylle!! and inspiration!!

are you the brother of… Adam Jensen ? :smiley:

joke aside, i really like how you work with the bpr render, it really help me to understand how it work :slight_smile:

now, all i need is waitting my golden ticket ! XD

Thanks for the brushes!

And again, great great sculpt!

This is great stuff. I was wondering if you could use your techinque of creating shortcut key menus with the deformation controls worked in this version. In the last version if you exited the program it would lose all of the deformation controls you added to the shortcut since there was no way of saving it.

Download link of Brushes is not working maybe. Could you plz update that. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Awesome work

Wonderful work man!
Absolutely love this model!

~MAH~

I want to thank you for your work ! I bought your eat3D DVD tutorial and learnt so much !
This model prove once again you are a master of hard surface sculpting !

Jesus Mike. You outdid yourself :slight_smile:
Super work, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for tutorial

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing your techniques with those mini tutorials.

Thanks guys!

I’ve updated the brush links so hopefully they work!

@xsyx: Thanks!

@slocik: Thanks a ton! Haha it’s true anamorphic lens flares are the thing right now!

@tez: Thanks a ton!

@JoseConseco: Thanks a ton!

@Santis: THanks a ton! Yeah the new rendering superpowers in zbrush are amazing!

@arthurduque: Thanks a ton!

@allaze:eroler: Haha he’s my older cyborg brother yeah. Actually when i first started playing that game and i heard someone mention “jensen” I almost wet myself! I thought maybe they were drawing data from windows or something to use my name and put it into the game. I was confused for a good 15 seconds before I realized XD.

@Marco Splash: Thanks man your work and thread are hugely inspirational!

@womball: Hey man in all versions of zbrush (including the previous version) all you have to to is go to Preferences>Config and make sure you hit “store config”. After you set hotkeys for the custom menus go to Preferences>Hotkeys and click “store” and everything will save and start the next time you open zbrush.

@sculptor.zb: should work now =)

@AriesGal1629: Thanks a toN!

@Mahlikus The Black: Thanks man! I love your work I use your brushes and matcaps quite often =)

@Guedin: Haha thanks man! Your beta work is raising the mech bar for sure! I love it =)

@Mikademius: Haha thanks =)

@cartoon man: np =)

@INFINITE: Haha thanks! I’m a huge fan of your work I still remember a long time ago back at cgtalk when your first thread showed up and my jaw hit the floor because it looked so real! You have great work ever since!

I have learned so much from your tutorials (ala Eat3D) that my brain literally, and quite constantly stays over-stimed.
Awesome work! Love your method for concepting!:+1: