ZBrushCentral

Z4R2 Dynamesh Beyond the Polygon Barrier

Hello everyone. My name is Ryan Kingslien. I’m the founder of ZBrushWorkshops and CreatureWorkshops and when I saw Pixolator’s Making Time for Art #4 my jaw was literally on the floor. It instantly inspired me to create my own videos and explore how fast you can create models using the new DynaMesh system.

I’ve been beta testing R2 over the last few months and I can tell you that this is the most amazing version of ZBrush yet. It doesn’t matter if you are creating organic shapes or mechanical shapes the new tools in ZBrush make it incredibly easy for you to get in and explore your own ideas.

So I went on a mission to see how fast I could create entire models from nothing more than a simple sphere. After finishing my first 5 models in one hour I was more than impressed so I put together the videos and showed them to the guys at Pixologic. They agreed to let me release them to give you a sense of what sculpting in the new ZBrush is going to be like.

The first video follows Pixolator’s lead with the TwoTone_RedApple project that will ship with ZBrush. It shows you that sculpting ideas with the new DynaMesh system is so fast it is literally like thumbnail sculpting inside of ZBrush. Yep, I said “thumbnail sculpting inside of ZBrush” just like a concept artist only its in full 3D.

Video #1: Beyond The Polygon

[youtubehd]kwu__U-0738[/youtubehd]

In this second video, I use the new Curve brush system to create mechanized objects with all the trappings of a model that would take days to make in any other application. In ZBrush 4R2, I’m creating as fast as I can think.

ZBrush 4R2’s ability to free us from polygon and other technical concerns opens up a lot of creative possibilities but the most important is the challenge it lays down to push past our own barries and to break out of our own creative boxes. I tell you its so powerful I’m even a little bit of afraid of it. :slight_smile:

Video #2: DynaMesh: Mechanized

[youtubehd]o87tDgw1a0M[/youtubehd]

I hope you enjoy the videos. Thank you Pixolator and the Pixologic team for creating the most awesome piece of software on the planet and letting me share these videos.

Best,

Ryan Kingslien

thanks for the vids Ryan!

Ryan, thank you for the demonstration. Very exciting!

Thanks Ryan!

Thank you Ryan!

Thanks for sharing these videos Ryan! :slight_smile:

oooh!! Thats rad!

God I want to play with this dynamesh so bad

great… :+1:

Thank You so much Ryan, it looks very promising.

That mech form vid blew my mind completely. This feels like a quantum leap in zbrushing. I think it may be exactly the functionality I need for a project right now, and I cannot get my hands on this program fast enough.

awesome! i cant wait. thanks for the vids Ryan!
I think they hit the buslls eye with dynamesh. it looks to me like the way most artists would intuitively want to work in zbrush.

Wow Pixologic… please help me find my jaw!

Absolutely fantastic how much Zbrush has evolved.
Thank you Ryan for sharing this with us.

Wow. …just. …wow. Pixologic has delivered more in a point release like usual (if we can even call it that right now) than most applications do in full version updates. Thank you Ryan these videos are amazing, now my update email seems further away. :frowning:

That’s awesome Ryan!

Stunning! I was just thinking about whether I should renew my subscription to Ryan’s ZBrush workshop or not - I now have my answer! With all the money I’ve saved from not having to pay for these amazing updates to Zbrush I can put towards Ryan’s fantastic videos so that he will continue to make them as Zbrush evolves even more.

These new features are truly amazing. From what I could tell from these videos Dynamesh isn’t just triangles like Sculptris but quads. This is just great.

Wow - Ryan, thanks so much for giving us something to watch to tide us over. I am really getting excited to use these new features, and your videos are a wealth of information.

Thanks!

-Steve

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing these videos Ryan !! :+1: :slight_smile:

thanks!!!

Thanks for the videos, Ryan!