ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Katon Callaway

Hey Everyone, I had a great time working with the beta. I think you all will like a lot of the new tools. I love dynamesh and the new mesh insert curve brushes, very powerful. I started from a sphere on all these, and sculpted away. hope you like them.

Katon

Attachments

greenForestLarge.jpg

greyScale01.jpg

PuckNightColor.jpg

greyScale02.jpg

PuckColorTurnAround.jpg

Hey guys, here are hour long lunch sketches using dynamesh. I will upload the videos when I can. But we will be doing a lot more of these from the team and will be going in our lunch crunch thread as well. Dynamesh has sped up our process with this a lot!

Goronkaton.jpg

No way! A whole character with that much detail in an hour? Videos or it didn’t happen!

Great work!! :+1:

Here you go. There is also our Sony Santa Monica lunch crunch thread. I don’t have my whole video of the big guy due to a crash. But you can see all of jim vandenbogart in our lunch crunch thread. They are all done in a hour. And dynamesh has really sped that up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxYklyJbq7o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKVjmUXIKW4&feature=related

Sculptor.zb thanks!

Great choice of characters man! :smiley:

Great stuff! This proves how important DynaMesh is going to be in the future of sculpting. I can’t wait!

Awesome work Katon! Love the Goron sculpt a lot!

So basically it allows a cleaner version of Mihai Darango’s technique? He used to pull out the limbs from spheres and I think he remeshed them somehow too. You did something with color that added a ton of detail at the end. Was that with alphas or the new noise tool?
I take it took 2 hours to make him than?

"I take it took 2 hours to make him than? "

No, we do these at lunch, we have an hour for lunch, it took him one hour.

when do you eat then? ha

also whats the integrity of the final mesh? can you easily export it to eg: Maya…

Yeah we usualy will go and grab lunch really fast outside at the trucks then come back in to sculpt. It is one intense hour that is for sure! We always joke about how intense it is! haha

And yes of the gorons only took and hour. We use alphas to block in little details really fast and just make decisions and dont go back.

Firs sculpt looks sweet man…is she missing a cigarette between her fingers? aaa just joking.
The one hour stuff is great as well

Incredible artwork!

The face on the first one is just unique! Great works!

Must say, I really love your take on Brian Froud’s fairy design. Beautiful work!

Really nice stuff here. Love the style!

Thanks guys for the compliments!
Kraken, thanks! I love his designs and that whole fantasy whimsical vibe in general, it was a lot of fun to work on! After making it and stepping back, I feel I still didnt do it total justice. Thanks a lot though!

awesome sculpts Katon, love the little feller from the LCC :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I love the face expresion of the first one :smiley: very good work!