New Member Follow User Gallery

The bunny is amazing,cool~~~

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow! That sounds exciting, please don't let me miss on it guys

great sculpts and renders Julian!! Superb use of Dynamesh and Mesh Insert in those Rabbit videos , love the hair technique too -> thanks for posting . Love the tribute & tribute vids! ttys - Geert

Quote Originally Posted by Etcher View Post
    great sculpts and renders Julian!! Superb use of Dynamesh and Mesh Insert in those Rabbit videos , love the hair technique too -> thanks for posting . Love the tribute & tribute vids! ttys - Geert
    Thanks a lot Sir. you should carefully read to a reply I made on the previous page

I have attached the render setup for bunny here. material & lights. keep in mind, that if your model is not textured you might either want to turn the base color down in brightness or the lights. otherwise it's all overbright. with texture the material is rather dark and needs a lot of light.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_K View Post
    Thanks a lot Sir. you should carefully read to a reply I made on the previous page
    Well, I did! I think sometime next week will be a great moment to post (Busy weekend...) I'll contact you

@JulianK
    A silly question:
    Where're the deep cast-shadows of zb4? The density shadow slider seems to affect the casted shadow on the background only. There must be a way. When using the old method for lighting.
    What about the lighting material editor. This also cast shadows. Pale shadows though.
    Another one, trying to add a rim like lighting in lightshader. I like to add this light, not to make the front lighting darker. How to stop this automatic neutralizer?

Watching carefully all these wonderful works in beta testing forum. I didn't find even one case with this lighting solution, a three spot or something method, with precise hard deep shadows. The easier for any external raytracer. An inconsistency of smooth shadows on sculpture and hard shadows for background only. Very noticeable on hdri backgrounds.
    The shaded faces of a mesh look darker than the near cast shadows. Typically wrong for non globalillumination render engines.
    Just render the same mesh under a decent renderer and come back in zbrush to fix all these wrong parts, guessing... and guessing what a correct camera will show. Zb camera lenses are for the birds.

BTW. Exporting render passes in Ps didn't help much, as shadows pass is full of wrong information and the shader pass is not antialiased. (what's this for?)

Hi Michalis,

You can adjust the density of shadows cast on your model per shader in the shader>environment menu. have a look at the attached image.

as for render passes, - sounds odd -but I haven't tried them yet.

if you want to add a rim light which doesn't make the front darker, simply turn of shadow for that light. or did I misunderstand?

if you want to add a rim light which doesn't make the front darker, simply turn of shadow for that light. or did I misunderstand?
    I know Julian, this metod is physically and esthetically wrong. I won't.
    Light is added, now shadow is added. There must be a mode like "screen" for blending a second light pass or map.
    This issue is odd and happens in zbrush only. Other render engines may have this feature but you have to ask for it.
    I'm asking not to have it then. LOL
    Thanks Julian. Please post some more work. Anything, even music.

Hi Julian !!
    hahaha bust from zbrush logo awesome idea !! hahaha love it

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    I know Julian, this metod is physically and esthetically wrong. I won't.
    Light is added, now shadow is added. There must be a mode like "screen" for blending a second light pass or map.
    This issue is odd and happens in zbrush only. Other render engines may have this feature but you have to ask for it.
    I'm asking not to have it then. LOL
    Thanks Julian. Please post some more work. Anything, even music.
    actually, in all my tests the shadow cast from the back to the front works a lot better than previously in Zbrush. I always had it on, also in the bunny renders here.
    in regard to turning it off being incorrect; -seriously I realyl don't care about correct and if you render in 3dasmax with Mental ray or Vray for example you also have these options of not having every light cast shadows and trust me, that is a trick often used.
    I really don't give a rat's tail if that is physically correct, as long as I get the look and mood I want

I really don't give a rat's tail if that is physically correct, as long as I get the look and mood I want
    Indeed, when I asked for an advise I didn't mean to give your blood.
    Great help though, thank you. I'll find a way to handle this, sooner or later.

Awesome work as usual Julian. I have a question, how exactly do you use you toon shader material? Do you fill the object with it then paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddpitt View Post
    Awesome work as usual Julian. I have a question, how exactly do you use you toon shader material? Do you fill the object with it then paint?
    Thank you Mudpitt.
    Not necessarily. if there is a another different material I also want to apply to one of the subtools, then I might fill it, or fill just the one subtool with the different material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast