ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Nicolas Garilhe

Hi ZBrushers ! My name is Nicolas Garilhe and I’m glad to finally show my last work.

As soon as I heard about the new features from this update, I knew I would make hard surface. My first idea was to see how far I could go inside ZBrush, and I finally realized that I was able to do everything I wanted, without any tiers software.

Feel free to ask for more information if needed !

Turntable

//youtu.be/hJUjnwR7bGE

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]I also did some video to understand my workflow more easily :

//youtu.be/wQvWKdC2pYA

//youtu.be/ZZq1QInMF4k

Attachments

Tuto05.jpg

Mecha26.jpg

Mecha27.jpg

Tuto01.jpg

Tuto02.jpg

Tuto03.jpg

Tuto04.jpg

Banniere.jpg

Banniere.jpg

integration.jpg

Wow ! Great one ! I like the full process !

So sick man!

Learned a ton from your workflow.

Nice one Guedin!!!
Great work and fantastic beta testing. Thank you for the simple, yet helpful small tut.

thanks for sharing

awesome:D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very cool work. And thanks for the videos. How did you make those two back exhaust pipes with the radial looking symmetry things?

Super nice!

Tu aurais du mettre ton render avec le background, c’était une des meilleure intégration que j’ai vu!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
I wanted to see this image picked apart! What better
way then to have the Artist do it for you!
I mean, down to the render settings!

~MAH~

What a really nice and clean piece… Thx for sharing!

:smiley:

It was great working with you, This piece came out great! Your break downs really blow me away. so clean and purdy haha

Thanks a lot for your support !

womballVery cool work. And thanks for the videos. How did you make those two back exhaust pipes with the radial looking symmetry things?

I started from a simple cylinder in the default position. I transformed it into a dynamesh tool, create masks with radial symmetry, and extract it to create the thin panels.
Still with the radial symmetry on, I moved and rotated it a little, and I detailed it with insert brushes. When it’s done, I merged everything into one subtools and append it to the body.

I hope it helps a little bit, if it’s not really clear, I’ll try to make a quick video

Marco SplashSuper nice!

Tu aurais du mettre ton render avec le background, c’était une des meilleure intégration que j’ai vu!

Hehe, j’étais pas certain que le rendu était si réussi que ça … mais peut être que ça vaudrait le coup effectivement que je la retravaille un petit peu maintenant que je comprends mieux les paramètres de rendu.

Mahlikus The BlackThank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
I wanted to see this image picked apart! What better
way then to have the Artist do it for you!
I mean, down to the render settings!

~MAH~

I’m so glad you find the breakdown useful ! I should be the one who thank you, for the fantastic brushes you gave to the community. In fact I did almost all the cut lines with one of your brush so, thanks again !

Absolutely fantastic. One of the most informative beta threads.
Those nuts. Is that an actual nut brush? I don’t remember seeing this one. Is it new in R2
or has it been available earlier as external download? Pretty cool brush :slight_smile:

Actually, I create it myself.
You just have to sculpt the piece in a separate subtool, and when it’s done, choose an insert brush, the cylinder one for example, and in the brush-> modifier menu, replace the cylinder by the piece you just sculpted.

This way you can insert any piece you want !

ohoho!! really ammazing work!! the best mechanical work here!!
:+1:

This is great! I loved the way you clearly illustrated how you used new features/lesser known stuff. still waiting to download my copy :slight_smile:

So what your saying is…I helped a Beta Tester to beta test the Z4R2 beta during the testing phase?! :lol:
That’s why I do what I do! Cuz it helps! :cool:
Thank you and your welcome and thank you again!! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS - This entire tread has helped me understand the process better for when I make a new tutorial series for the community so…see, it’s a wonderful trade-off! That’s why this is one of the best places ever!

Ha ha, Super dupa work!

Sooo cool, thanks so much for the process info.:+1:

I’m really glad to see my work is appreciated ! thanks a lot !

I wanted to add another pic, with the model integrated with a background