Great stuff!, great details!, i'm a big fan of your art!

New Member Follow User Gallery

wow! this guy looks amazing, especially the skin rendering, its hard to believe zbrush can render at this quality without processing a bunch of layers in photoshop. also the armor details are great. my only crit would be the width of the wrists seem a bit thin. otherwise, this is top row stuff. keep it up!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Oh my god....
    I keep staring at this, trying to convince myself that this is Zbrush, and not a photograph of a real person.

Absolutely stunning Maxence!!! Truly an inspiration.

great work man! loved the workflow and thanx for sharing. Will give it a shot for sure and bug with questions.

Cheers
    Shoaib

Wow. This is inspiring. I'm working on a character wearing leather and mail armor atm... and this really made me aim higher.

I'd love to know how you detailed the leathery areas. Did you use noisemaker for them too?
    I never quite figure out how to sculpt around the mesh, to make stitches that go around the armored part for example.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Superb sculpt, coloring and renders! Totally agree with you on Noisemaker as a gamechanger -> will probably use it on every single new piece I sculpt

thanks guys, sorry i was away for a while; just moved to CA, such a great adventure so far !
    glad the sharing and tuts can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon.Tako View Post
    Wow. This is inspiring. I'm working on a character wearing leather and mail armor atm... and this really made me aim higher.

I'd love to know how you detailed the leathery areas. Did you use noisemaker for them too?
    I never quite figure out how to sculpt around the mesh, to make stitches that go around the armored part for example.
    thanks man, the leather area was done with standard tools,a lot of masking and slash brushes.
    i only used noisemaker to do the "rope thing" in the leather area.

You're welcome, it's really great.
    And thanks for the answer.
    What I meant was regarding 2 things which I really don't understand.

In the picture below, middle part on the top, the belt. On the belt itself, how did you do the stitches? They seem so accurate, and along the edge evenly... is it some sort of alpha?

And the part to the right of that belt, the top right part - how did you add the decorations around it? The tiny strips of leather that go around the whole part, like hair. I just couldn't get it.

Hope I'm not too nosy. Sorry if I am, it's just curiosity.
    Last edited by Alon.Tako; 10-11-11 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon.Tako View Post
    You're welcome, it's really great.
    And thanks for the answer.
    What I meant was regarding 2 things which I really don't understand.

In the picture below, middle part on the top, the belt. On the belt itself, how did you do the stitches? They seem so accurate, and along the edge evenly... is it some sort of alpha?

And the part to the right of that belt, the top right part - how did you add the decorations around it? The tiny strips of leather that go around the whole part, like hair. I just couldn't get it.

Hope I'm not too nosy. Sorry if I am, it's just curiosity.
    nope, that's fine, i m glad to answer some questions !

stiches are done with a brush, i don't have it on my computer right now but i guess you should be able to find that brush on the forum with a little search.

for the other part, deco was done with an alpha that you can find in the zbrush download center alpha library, witht the standard brush and some dragrec.
    and the tiny strip of leather i can see what you are talking about was made playing with the noisemaker, nothing particular.

I see. Thanks for the answers

I'll go look for that brush now and study how the heck it works ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Hi max

Firstly ,awesome work and thanks for sharing your workflow .
    I notice you have a style with your textures that I have seen only a few times before ,it has a rustic ,kind of noisy hint to it which I have been trying to get in my own work .slidelondon have the same style .could you tell us how you achieve this effect as it pushes your work from very good to absolutely awesome .
    oups sorry i totally forgot to answer you, i think it's just the choice of texture that make the difference as i only did the texture in zbrush with spotlight and projection, i polypainted by hand scratches and tiny things, but every piece of leather comes from a tiny leather texture that i liked a lot, just search for the perfect texture that fits the best what you want to achieve, you can sharpen your texture a bit as well to reenforce some details but don't overdo that as well.
    ++

Member Follow User Gallery

awesome !! great model and render !

Fantastic clean and nice details!!

Wow man that is some awesome detail!

Were you going to leave it a sculpt? or have it rigged?

amazing detail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast