New Member Follow User Gallery

nice detail

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great work!

Bien joué gars !
    Well done M8 !

Thanks guys !!

for the alpha, i used the one shared by eugene fokin, and i don't remember where i get the chainmail, but if someone get the name of the artist don't hesitate to tel me
    alpha.zip

for the noise maker use, Uv's are really important (and are done for every element where i used the NoiseMaker) even if it works without, you will have a way bigger control with them.

@zeoyn:thanks man, yes you can bake that on a normal map or a displace as it's not a texture trick, once applied it's on the mesh exactly like if you sculpted it

++
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Texturing_003.jpg 
Views:	2302 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	273524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weave01.jpg 
Views:	2359 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	273525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weave02.jpg 
Views:	2524 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	273526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weave03.jpg 
Views:	2812 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	273527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	origimage_1_440906.jpg 
Views:	2441 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	273528  

Sweet sculpt. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

Default Awesome :D!

Head render looks sweet! Well everything looks sweet but i am most curious about head render.
    Any chance for more detail on skin/SSS render set-up? Are you using any of Z4R2 features for that?

Quote Originally Posted by koshey View Post
    Head render looks sweet! Well everything looks sweet but i am most curious about head render.
    Any chance for more detail on skin/SSS render set-up? Are you using any of Z4R2 features for that?
    attached on the first post is the shader that i used for the head, and after it's only tweaking the new BPR filters and adjustment .

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Thanks for the alpha and UV trick man!
    Marco "Splash" Plouffe - Digital Sculptor
    http://www.marcoplouffe.com

This is one of the best renders of skin I have seen from zbrush. Excellent character too.

I was playing around with your material, but I can't seem to get the lighting to work well with it. Any tricks to getting lighting to render like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MFleuret View Post
    attached on the first post is the shader that i used for the head, and after it's only tweaking the new BPR filters and adjustment .
    Thanks MFleuret, worked great!
    If you don't mind me asking...
    One thing i don't understand is the wax preview modifier looks completely different while sculpting then when it's rendered in BPR(most obviously evident if i crank wax preview settings like mad so that subsurface color bleeds out very sturated and evident but BPR is very toned down if visible at all). Is this wax modifier ment for preview only and i still gotta tweak regular SSS material to render in BPR or am i missing some settings somewhere? How can i achieve the same look at render time as during sculpting?

Quote Originally Posted by womball View Post
    This is one of the best renders of skin I have seen from zbrush. Excellent character too.

I was playing around with your material, but I can't seem to get the lighting to work well with it. Any tricks to getting lighting to render like that?
    unfortynatly i have lost my bpr render settings, but i remember that i didn't change the light that much, just the angle of the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by koshey View Post
    Thanks MFleuret, worked great!
    If you don't mind me asking...
    One thing i don't understand is the wax preview modifier looks completely different while sculpting then when it's rendered in BPR(most obviously evident if i crank wax preview settings like mad so that subsurface color bleeds out very sturated and evident but BPR is very toned down if visible at all). Is this wax modifier ment for preview only and i still gotta tweak regular SSS material to render in BPR or am i missing some settings somewhere? How can i achieve the same look at render time as during sculpting?
    yes, the wax preview and the one rendered in bpr are pretty different, i didn't used the preview one while sculpting the character as it has been released just after my sculpt. but i guess the real time one and the bpr one will not look exactly the same, sorry for not being able to help you more.
    Last edited by MFleuret; 09-25-11 at 07:35 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi max

Firstly ,awesome work and thanks for sharing your workflow .
    I notice you have a style with your textures that I have seen only a few times before ,it has a rustic ,kind of noisy hint to it which I have been trying to get in my own work .slidelondon have the same style .could you tell us how you achieve this effect as it pushes your work from very good to absolutely awesome .

Great character. Great workflow
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast