ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Frederik Storm

Hello fellow zbrusher!

I’m so excited to show you all the work I did during the beta.
My main focus for the beta has most definately been dynamesh, a feature that I now don’t know how I could work without, I really really like this new feature!
It is very simple to use, and makes sculpting in zbrush even more fun. Another really great new in zbrush 4R2 is the update on the rendering and lighting parts. The modifier, light can be colored, and the new matcap tools are just great!

But enough about that, let me show you guys my work.
This alien, was my render fun test, and dynamehs test, the cape and head are made with dynamesh.

This alien was designed and build using dynamesh, video below.
Not much thought behind it, other than just to have some fun :smiley:

The video is in 3 parts, first part here:
[vv]29325018[/vv]

This little ugly fella was a dynamesh design test as well, video below.

[vv]29324876[/vv]

Another dynamesh test.

[vv]29324600[/vv]

Hope you guys like my models and the videos!
And feel free to drop any questions you might have, I’ll be more than happy to answer.

Attachments

T.jpg

tentacleEmperor02_FrederikStorm.jpg

01.jpg

UpaDinosaur_FrederikStorm.jpg

02.jpg

alienHeadComp_FrederikStorm.jpg

tentacleEmperor_FrederikStorm.jpg

man, such great style on every of thiose works ;D

Haha. Always a laugh to see your stuff Fred.

Awesome. Thanks for vids.
Is dynamesh very similar to sculptris?

Excellent work as always! :smiley:

glad to see some new stuff =)
I am a huge fan

great works !

Oh man, can’t wait to get my hands on this! Looks like so much fun!
Awesome models, I love the first one, great sculpting and render! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

@slocik
Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it :smiley:

@brettSinclair
Hey Brett! Always a pleasure to hear from you! Thanks bud!

@JoseConseco
Hey Jose, you are very welcome. Dynamesh is quite different from sculptris I think, and thats for the better.
First of, you still got subdivision levels. And what you do is, you tell zbrush when to reevaluate the mesh. Say If you make a tail like I did in the last video.
I hope its making some kind of sense? You simply just CTRL drag, when you want to reevaluate the mesh, and it generates new topo for the mesh, it works super smooth.

@AJ Jefferies
Hey Hey buddy, glad you like it :smiley:

@Gedn
Thanks man, I’m so glad you like them, I’m so excided to finially be able to show some 3D models again! :smiley:

@majid_smiley
Hey Majid! So glad you like it mate, always good to hear from you! :smiley:

@Santis
Hey Buddy! I can’t wait to see what you come up with, I’m 100 % you are gonna love the new features!
Thanks!

Fantastic stuff Frederik, that Octo alien is awesome! Would be awesome to see you put some textures and render these guys out!

Characters are just terrific:+1:
they really come through

Great work!Fantastic style! I love your stuff!

I was looking for you in all these images. I was scared they excluded you from the beta. Glad they didn’t :slight_smile:
I enjoyed the videos. I like how you spend all that time shaping the major forms before you start sculpting.
I also like how you just kill the concept and move on to something completely different.

When you create the mouth sockets, do you just drag like the old days and then the dynamesh will re-calculate
a proper mesh? Earlier I always struggled with eyesockets and mouths unless I created an inverted zSphere for those areas
to get the loops. Dyna mesh eliminates all that it seems. Can’t wait!..

stunning work as always Fred!
Keep them comming!

Always inspiring Frederik! Great stuff

Hey Frederick, your style is really impressive! Love the concepts, and shapes of your characters! Big fan here! :wink:

@GregStrangis
Thanks a ton Greg!
Yeah I really need to push the textures futher, I always end up holding back way to much.

@Dman3d
Thanks mate, so glad you like them :smiley:

@Nattawat_OBBI
Thank Obbi, I’m so glad you like these, I’m always happy to hear from you :smiley:

@Mikademius
Hey Martin! Thanks buddy! So glad you like them, and yeah designing with dynamesh is suppppeerrr fun :smiley:
And Yep I do it exactly they way you say :wink:
Dynamesh gives some really good topo for sculpting.

@marianosteiner
Hey buddy thanks a ton :smiley:

@Piggyson
Thank you! :smiley:

@AndreHolzmeister
Thanks Andre, I really appreciate it, so glad you like them :smiley:

Very cool and so inspirational for me!!! :+1:

Big fan of your work, man!

I love your work! nice job.