ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Maarten Verhoeven

Some of you know me, my work and my previous creations for the ZB4.0 release.

I had the pleasure to be on the team again for this Z4r2 release. And had lots of fun playing with the new features the Pixologic team has created, this release will give us even more control and creative artistic possibilities. With every release Zbrush gets closer to the real thing and the new render possibilities will give better and more real life results than before. I’m sure that this release will attract a lot of new users who want to make the leap from the classical to the digital world.

Thanks pixologic!
Maarten.

a ‘swampswimmer’ build with dynamesh, claypollish, curvebrush. Textured and renderd in Z4r2 with the new LightCap feature and the wax shader.
These stills are right out of ZB only added some dof and a color correction, no additional paintwork this time.

This Guy was sculpted in Z4 but I renderd and textured him in Z4r2 as a test with the new wax shader, 2 different LightCap settings were used on the 2 images

Here are a few wip grabs of the swampswimmer and the LightCap setting.

Attachments

swampswimmer C final.jpg

swampswimmer B final.jpg

swampswimmer A final.jpg

comp master WAX A.jpg

comp master WAX B.jpg

Prana small.jpg

dyna 003.jpg

dyna B 001.jpg

side A color.jpg

render settings.jpg

And the LightCap settings of the inbred guy.

setup hillbilly.jpg

Great work as usual Maarten ! :+1:

wow!

…subsea images! :+1:

great !

one of my favs on the 4r2 beta team.
good work !

I love that creature! Really really nice detailing. It was great working with you again Maarten and thanks for the settings information, they will definitely come handy for my future testing :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff Maarten! the fish is gorgeous!

the fish is so wonder in its presentation

Excellent, unique and Inspiring as Always.:+1:small_orange_diamond:).The fish concept piece…Awesome…:D:+1:

I’m still in love with that fish :slight_smile:

​Beautiful work here. I enjoyed it much.

Superb work on the piranhas diorama!

asecbrush - Thanks!
capitan_popo - Thank you!
Frenchy Pilou - Thanks!
majid_smiley - Hi Majid long time ago, looking forward what new stuff you will create with R2.
idlemind - Thanks a lot!
Marco Splash - Thanks mate, it was fun to be one the team with you!!! cheers.
Piggyson - Thanks for dropping by!
Framedworld - Thanks!!!
SpiritDreamer - Thank you
Julian_K - Thanks, zombie making fish-lover-beta-buddy! :wink:
RageNrock - Thanks!
AndreHolzmeister - Thanks, a lot of people seem to like the piranhas.
My eye would go to the creature when I saw this bunch swimming.

Great style, great sculpts… love the Swampswimmer …-> the fish are the icing on the cake -> sure looks like the new features fell into the right place !

Very nice stuff!

Awesome… big big fan of your work! MORE PLEASE!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

this is really amazing,love to try R4.2 great works as always Maarten

Great job Maarten, you’ve been really productive for this beta. Your presented models are looking gorgeous, love the sculpts and colors!