User Gallery

Default 2011 sketchbook

This new site layout is a decrease of handling comfort by scrolling each post separately when working with larger images. I will miss the old black look allthough the new layout is of a certain quality. But there is an advantage. One can control the icon. The bad thing is: it has to be cropped, first. I decided to start a new thread for my 2011 work. Now with my humble resolution, I follow pixologic's email on the ZBR upgrade release asking me to post some new work:

the first one is a bald eagle "caught on camera" during flight:

The katana was done introducing shadowbox. All Zbrush except the blade. As for the copyright, it just features a standard wickerwork tsuba:

A Lambeosaur:

An alligator mississippiensis. This one was quite hard to work with as my laptop would always slow down on the resolution:

A pandinus imperator:

A 30 minutes sketch of a pelecanus occidentalis:

A velociraptor mongoliensis and I was able to add some feathers, now:

I'd enjoy some more hard surface tutorials, especially on the substract and cut subtool options shown in pixologic's actual video presentations.
    Last edited by fj8e5la; 09-19-11 at 11:59 AM.

Senior Member User Gallery

Good stuff all around, really like the gator looks spot on from what I can see.
    Other critters have convincing proportions as well. Detailing any of them out more?
    Last edited by Dman3d; 09-20-11 at 09:29 AM.
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

New Member User Gallery

Default Katana looks wrong

Like most models, but the point of the katana looks terrible wrong...

User Gallery

Thanks to you, Dman3d, and all voting for all of the five stars . All those, except for the scorpion, are subdivided to level 6 wich is the last subdivision level, brushes of my computers can handle. Even on my old stationary quadcore, I can turn the model faster (realtime) on level 6 but am not able to use brushes on subdivision level 7 with the preferences manually set to a higher count. The brushes slow down for minutes and will not be added or substracted on the subtool when processed (tested on the Lambeosaur). I am wondering what kind of technology some people are using when talking about 10million+ resolutions.

New Member User Gallery

Default Multimillion models

16 million polys was still rather smooth on my Quadcore MacPro.

But I guess most enter the >10 million range with multiple subtools and or HD Geometry.

User Gallery

New Tyrannosaurus:

New Member User Gallery

Default The Feathers

I'm trying to sculpt an Owl similar to the one your did on the top, What method did you use to sculpt the end feathers? I'm trying to figure a way to create end feathers on wings. The only way I could think of doing this is with shadow box. Is the an easier way?

User Gallery

@ markbaiz:

I used different subtools for the larger feathers at the end of the wing but I guess, this is just a matter of resolution.

@Dranix:

The katana is based on some "rare" Japaneese historical blade shape with a drop point.
    Last edited by fj8e5la; 12-01-11 at 01:17 PM.

User Gallery

zbrush and photoshop

I am looking forward to some kind of fabric brush or tool doing all the periphery work itself.
    Last edited by fj8e5la; 12-16-11 at 08:50 AM.

Waw... thats really cool....
    Sébastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

User Gallery

This new feature is a great way to simplify illustrations. And it's a way that can outrun efficiency of a manual drawing by speed. But I regret there are some limitations such as after shape configuration of the furr even in a subtool and farther width of coverage bar (individually typed settings). The thing I am looking for would be a 4-window curve-based polygon modeling tool.

"But I regret there are some limitations such as after shape configuration of the furr even in a subtool and farther width of coverage bar (individually typed settings)."

Have you tried replacing the fibers with a custom mesh using the new Micro Mesh feature? This might help out or open some creative opportunities for you.
    More info on Micro Mesh is at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/feat...r2b/fibermesh/
    Joel Mongeon
    Senior Artist, Microsoft Game Studios
    www.joelmongeon.com
    Zbrushcentral Sketchbook
    My Zbrush 4 beta thread

User Gallery

Thank you for the link. I think, the mesh replacing the fibers will automatically adapt and be limited to the original fiber shape. I tried sphere, ring and cube but all kept the same shape defined by the fibers' proportions.

Last edited by fj8e5la; 01-27-12 at 02:19 AM.

User Gallery

Woa, amzing image. It's nothing particularly great but it's beatiful and made me think on the possibilities of fibermesh with under water life scenes...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast