Senior Member User Gallery

tbh..im impressed

that doesnt happen very often....

Quote Originally Posted by ancomic
    Great.
    This scene is new.
    Spline? Auto topology?
    Asked the same thing. Looks very useful whatever it is.

New Member User Gallery

Marvelous!!

Sky is not anymore the limit

Member User Gallery

OMG I want to have your babies! This is the best thing I have ever experienced in my life! I literally have been crying like a brokenhearted schoolgirl since I saw this video!

(am I doing this right? I think that's the general format for replying to these threads )

For the first video my head almost exploded. I do not even know how to start explaining what I felt when I saw this one. I literary freaked out and stepped away from the computer to catch my breath
    ok Id say the closest thing to that feeling would be riding the most dangerous roller-coaster for the first time ever.
    Just tooo Beautiful and Mind Blowing
    CANT WAIT TO GET THIS THING

It must be a bug. ZB doesn't play any dramatic music when I sculpt. It makes a polite "clearing of the throat" sound.

Member User Gallery

I have seen quite some graphics software in my life but nothing comes even remotely close to ZBrush when it comes to sheer creativity. What you guys come up with in each release is simply mindboggling. It makes me wonder whether it's one incredible genius (pixolator?) or huge teams of lesser, but still, geniusses. Keep up the inspiring work!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Dub
    I started crying half way through and had to shut it off....is it possible to make a program TOO GOOD??...wow....this is what I had dreamed of back when I learned softimage for the first time 13 years ago...Im going to try to recompose myself and watch the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVBN5000
    You are not alone..:-)...pretty much did/thought the same when i first started in Maya.
    And I with Cinema 4d about ten years ago! This is truly going to be magical!
    Somebody get cracking on a music player plug-in and FAST! You have 7 days!
    Love the soundtrack! One of my favorite songs! Perfect choice!! Makes me happy to here you using great tunes!

As for the material change...its not! It is merely a color change from main color to secondary color on the same material. I also notice the real time lighting, glow and other material effects. Notice how simple the material preview is but how lit and reflective the model is while sculpting!

Just absolutely Magical!!

7 more days~

Quote Originally Posted by moonlitmaverick
    if you observe the little preview of the tool ( upper right corner ) while it is split you will see that it is one tool even while transpose is being used. If the clipped piece was separate, only it would be visible during transpose.
    Unless they changed how previews are displayed, but your most likely right. It answers a question I had after watching the previous videos too, which was whether or not booleans were limited to predefined facial bits and basic primitives. Cutting the hole in the wing and attaching the human head near the end seems like pretty conclusive evidence that you can use any ZTool, making this a nice, easy alternative to using and managing subtools.

At one point I thought I was seeing some kind of self illuminating material (e.g. Tron style), but after several viewings it looks as if it is just basic polypaint. Some of those new brushes, which haven't been shown before, are pretty cool too. I can see myself calling the one that creates a sweep at 1:09 "The Batwing Brush" lol. That swirly goo brush was pretty nifty to watch as well. I wonder why users haven't really discussed the new material/lighting/rendering updates though. Is it because most users render outside of Zbrush, or are they just features that nobody is particularly interested in?

Regardless, it's going to be fun to create my own library of various human/alien/monster/robot body parts and Frankenstein them together, and we're not limited to creatures either (e.g. vehicle odds & ends). The sky is truly no longer the limit. Not having to create everything from scratch will be a great time saver too, especially when under a tight schedule. I can see people freely sharing their libraries as well, like we've seen with alphas and brushes. This is going enrich everyone no matter the skill level. True clay is finally here, hip hip hooray!

All in all, I have to give credit where credit is due. These updates are truly revolutionary, with Dynamesh being the biggest game changer I think. Booleans are a very close second. The incredible freedom we're all about to receive is staggering to say the least. I wonder... will people still use Zspheres as their starting point, or will Dynamesh begin to dominate this area? It will certainly be fascinating to see how everyone uses it. Thank you, Pixologic, for all the hard work you've put into this release, as well as all the great previews! It's been a lot of fun riding the roller coaster you've created.

Quote Originally Posted by Deim
    (am I doing this right? I think that's the general format for replying to these threads )
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

New Member User Gallery

Default Defies Belief!

Incredible, I can't WAIT!!!!!

I was literally reacting out loud to this!
    I know I sound like a biased fanboy, but this is brilliant! I'm all for innovation!
    Like someone before said, the sky is no longer the limit

I've been itching to sculpt lately but it's becoming impossible to find time with this phD research I'm doing (albeit in relevant animation field anyhow, - ps hope to show you guys some cool new animation technology when we start getting results )

I mean booleans for goodness sake, how long we've been speaking of that one
    Can't wait for this release!
    Last edited by Darukin; 09-13-11 at 01:23 PM.
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Deim
    OMG I want to have your babies! This is the best thing I have ever experienced in my life! I literally have been crying like a brokenhearted schoolgirl since I saw this video!

LOL
    Yeah that sounds like the format to reply
    I guess we're becoming to Zbrush what silly fangirls are to twilight series
    Team Zbrush!

(but you're right it can get a little ridiculous at times :P)
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

New Member User Gallery

8| What's an awesome outstanding incredible thing?!!!

Awesome!! I LOVE YOU PIXOLOGIC Can't wait..
    My portfolio | My Sketchboo|My Blog

"The work will teach you how to do it. Just get going, every master was once a novice..."

New Member User Gallery

As always, thank you.

Now if you could take a chance and go into hardware, I'm thinking zPad. Done right of course. Have to have the right number of shortcut buttons (set for brushes, quick size, focus, lazy.) Some interface changes, but that's coming anyway. Color wheel and mixing. Yeah, I know. You know. Only, it would make zbrush, not a program, but an actual medium. What kind of artist? Don't you know, I zPad. Oh yeah, me too.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131934 ... LastLast