ZBrushCentral

idlemind's sketchbook

<table class=“fieldset” width=“100%” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1”><tbody><tr><td>JLthesunjuly2011.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9a9a9a%22%3E[ATT=271264)

&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td align="right"&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

Attachments

JL starbird.jpg

JL starbird.jpg

JL trike babe 698.jpg

JL alien ball.jpg

JL lizzard guy.jpg

JL Lion2.jpg

Bettyboopfest5.jpg

JL3734646 (2).jpg

JL beached render composite 2.jpg

JL Gator Doodle.jpg

JLbee2.jpg

JLsubmarine4.jpg
I am from a small town in Wisconsin, no one does 3d around me for 100 miles in any direction it seams like. thanks for viewing my stuff :lol:

Attachments

JL bartender.jpg

JL scene 567.jpg

JLgoblin.jpg

JLmonkey2.jpg

JLbee2.jpg

JLgoblin.jpg

Nice stuff, considering you are learning from the net and tuts on ZBC. The main thing is to have fun doing it. I gave you 5 stars to offset the one star that some “snoid” punched in without identifying himself or saying why he though it so bad. The star rating SUCKS as it is :td:.

Keep on Brushin’ :slight_smile:

YAH! a comment! lol thanks my stuff is all the way zbrush and I dont use stock base mesh I always start with sphere. I do have the student version of Maya 2012 but learning to make that GO has been a large challenge I dont know where to begin. I was able to import a model from zbrush but it lost all its polypaint and textures. I do understand now why people love Mental Ray so much tho and looking forward to using that more in the future.
<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>JLindoorrosecloseup234.jpg

Attachments

JLindoor234.jpg

JL biker 344.jpg

JL ball cap guy 345.jpg

I remember spending one whole evening just making her boots lol
please crits and comments I made every part of this in zbrush I never use base mesh just basic shapes and shadowbox :slight_smile:
JL biker chick2f4.jpg
wow 700 something views on this stuff! and my website has hits like crazy thanks so much zbc! :smiley:

a video of this model

Attachments

JL biker chick239.jpg

JL biker laces boot70.jpg

like the octopus , rose and bike theres a wealth of knowledge here at ZBC use it to the fullest !! :+1:

thanks for stopping by ! appreciate it! umm I did this today it is a quick model of a friends tattoo she loves it.
<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>

</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>only zbrush and then abit of photoshop. you guys can all probably tell this only took a few hours altogether but the woman I made it for thinks I worked a week on it HAHA no really im only guessing by her reaction to it…
thanks for views :smiley:
comments welcome

Man you’ve really been plugging away at this. I’d recommend spending as much time studying technique as fooling around with how the program works. A lot of your sculpts look a bit lumpy/sausagey, but they’re definitely getting better.

Also you should definitely look into a 3D modeling application like Max or Maya, Blender is a free alternative. It’s cool to be able to do everything inside of ZBrush but there’s a ton of things that are just plain faster to do in a traditional program.

Well I guess it depends on your skill level and maybe age?..if you are brand new to creating art these arent bad. The bee guy and a couple others I have issue with. You have just left some big mistakes that wouldnt take long to fix. I would seriously suggest working out a creative process before you begin any project you plan to spend time on. Get your concepts of the characters down first…who they are and why are they doing what they do.

Thank you guys, for the tips. I am learning all on my own and just having fun with it you made some good good points. I just finally decided to show what ive done with this awesome software. Im going to get some zbrush dvds or something. I want to learn to make better clothes and my other thing is I want to stay with a model for longer I just do a project for one or two days and then get bored and also once I post my work and show for some reason its seams old and uninteresting anymore. so I am going to try to focus better. Hey at least I dont spend all my freetime playing games :slight_smile: lol having fun but want to continue to move forward. again, thanks

There’s some great dvd’s out there and plenty of good resources online, if you have a bit of spare cash. The better you get the easier it is to focus on a project. Keep at it and keep posting.

I think im going to see what would happen if I decided to stick with this model for a week or so and really dig in. I want to invite anyone willing to help me make it a great model or my personal best yet. So first what I did with this thread was show highlights of my first year in zbrush. Now im going to call this dragon a work in progress and invite help and insight from more experienced users. I want to see if anyone likes it enough to help. thanks in advance. next details planned in the next session are teeth tounge and nails for the feet. I am pictureing a necklace thin with some kind of key on it. My daughter wants a cave or tower for the background.
what do you think???
appreciate it

Hi .Idlemind…:slight_smile:
I prefer the version without the claw marks on the heart…My wife also likes the first version…she says that those claw markes give her the creeps…Funny how a slight change can give a piece a whole different meaning as seen by the viewer of it.
The first version seems like the heart is the dragons treasure and he is protecting it…The second version …it seems that he is destroying it…why would a dragon destroy it’s treasure,…if that is his treasure that is.
These are just my personal opinions and my wifes…don’t know if they will help you at all, but thought them worth mentioning just in case they may be useful to you in some way…:slight_smile:
If you are able to …I highly recommend getting the DVD…Introduction to ZBRUSH 3…Tools and Workflow with…MEATS MEIER…He is Great, and the illustration section in his DVD is the best out there that i’ve seen…Would really be useful to you for the type of things you are going for I think…:slight_smile:
Anyway…Keep posting…really enjoying your thread and the imagination and works within it…Looking forward to seeing the progress on this dragon piece that you are working on.

HI!
I really like how your going, keep practicing, and good work!!
I actually think like SpiritDreamer about your last work, it looks better without the claws, other than that i’m a real noob and still not good at all to give some advice, keep the good work :+1: :+1: :smiley:

When you make a mesh out of zspheres the basemesh you get usually looks like a bunch of straight, flat tubes connected together. Because that’s essentially what it is. Your first version of the dragon really has this apparent in the tail and the arms, it’s better in the new version. When you make a mesh out of ZSpheres make sure you spend some time with the move brush smoothing out all the lines and making things look smoother.

Also, you should look at how bat wing anatomy works to get some more believability out of your wings.

thanks guys for advice, I continue to cut in slowly as I have time. I love the work of Meats Meier Im going to seek out that dvd. Here is an update from todays session.

jl DRAGON HEART 5466.jpg

I havent done much while I wait for my 4R2 download email but I have done a couple of doodles I will share, this first one was today. the mario was two days ago. let me know what you think :slight_smile: say whatever they are just over an hour each. thanks for stopping here.
BethsSketchin3D.jpg

JL mario 234.jpgmario-2.jpg

crabskull234.jpg

crabskull2.jpg
4R2 day 2 just having a blast learning new functions and features! This time I started out with a simple zsphere mesh turned dynamesh to test and see for myself if that would be a problem. NOPE. Got my UI and hotkeys and mat caps and projects all transferred over today with no snags. I think I am going to give this model a rider of some type. what do you think?
Please crit but keep in mind I am a self taught hobbyist I only do 3d for laughs. thanks

edit: testing brushes , a crash (rare) and a lol screen capture that is black and white for who knows why. just having fun can you tell what new brushes I was learning?

I tried to make a car this is all zbrush. as is the rest of my stuff. anyway its not done I have a list of things still coming for this one but this should get us started. Its all my concept I wasnt looking at any certain car trying to model it. but latly I see a few parts of it that remind me of cars I like. What type of car does it remind you of?

vvbvbbvb.jpg
waterfal scene fibermesh test. please what do you think?
nothing textured only noisemaker polypaint and materials. quick lighting. this is 97% zbrush render 3% photoshop painting and no filters.
just a simple scene I tested those new options out on and it turned into a gift for a friends birthday. or will when I have it printed after seeing what everyone suggests here. thanks for looking!!