ZBrushCentral

KoRn microphone stand HR Giger

Hi everyone! a month ago I went to my first KoRn concert (a long wait!) and while screaming and jumping around I was hypnotized by the Jonathan’s microphone stand… a great piece of art from Giger!

So here's my version of the mic stand, it's still in progress !

[micStand_thumb2.jpg

Attachments

mic_refs.jpg

01_modo_baseMesh.jpg

02_micFull.jpg

03_micHalf.jpg

micStand_thumb.jpg

here’s a turntable

//youtu.be/Kdrc0rEPbuw

update

some tweakings on mouth, tongue, bust and material

[04_korn_microphone.jpg]

critics and comments are welcome!

I don’t know why anyone hasn’t said anything yet, but this is actually pretty cool in my opinion. Keep it up!

nice proportions, only miss gigers eroticism or sensualism in the movement and muscles, but you perhaps are after some more jugend style? well done anyway

I went to see them in concert about a year ago and amazing…awesome choice for a subject matter…you should try rendering it in KEYSHOT

thanks for the feedback !

Atm I’m working on the legs, they need some more love: the details need to follow in a better way the legs’ silhouette

another view
[korn_mic_06.jpg]

this is awesome! you gonna model Jonathan Davis to go with it? :wink:

update

thanks Sitrus!

I wasn’t happy with the legs so I’ve trashed the old ones and started again.
Now the details come out from the silhouette in the upper part.

more work on the legs: now the details are following the legs' silhouette, thanks dokido, I think you meant this, at least for the legs :) a little more polygon tweaking and I think I'm done with them [![giger_legs.jpg|700x631](upload://dQY376CWx8OlQtLz1xRd5qCicNT.jpeg)]

update

some screenshots for the final model
rendered in zbrush and cced in ps

[korn_microphone_01.jpg]korn_microphone_10.jpg

will post other screenshots soon

Attachments

korn_microphone_21.jpg

Love it. Im a big fan of giger.

Niiice renderings, quiet sensible :+1:

Wondering if GIGER was the original designer of the mic stand? Anywho, great work on your part Parasite74. Very cool looking (looks just like the photo ref).

thanks guys, really appreciated !

last render post, I will post other renders on my website.

[![korn_microphone_31.jpg|686x1080](upload://bGxQfcZSrMwhzNMJw5SDaJxDWzN.jpeg)]![06.jpg|686x1080](upload://xXfEzRZBNlzBfNh1tWwllmGqphc.jpeg) sculpt turntable

//youtu.be/M6UGF13MPNE

Hey man,

So i’m 10 years late to the party, but this is incredible work!

I was hoping if there’s any chance you still have this model, and if I could purchase it from you?
I’d like to have a crack at slicing it, and 3D printing it for my best friend, for her birthday!

Love the work, its literally the best I’ve seen!

\m/ hope you see this!
charles85@gmail.com

Charlie

1 Like