Default Kevin's Sketchbook

Hey gang! So this is a partial personal project, but mostly personal. This will not be a product and was not created in partnership with lucas. I really just wanted to push myself detail wise since what I do for work is usually cartoony, or I have to take lots of short cuts to make sure it is ready for print.

JangoRend.jpg

JangoPoly.jpg

I found subtool master VERY helpful when posing this guy. Keeping polygroups while merging suptools is a must when working with this many tools and this high of a poly count. Through fear of crashing from too much info being pushed through transpose master I just posed the body and clothing there and then posed all of the extra bits seperate.

Jango2.jpg
    Here are some closeups

Cheers!

-Kevin

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Pretty awesome sculpt but i'm not sure if it's the pose but the proportions kind of look a little off, I could be wrong of course it may just be the pose that does it
    Portfolio

Current Showreel

My Thead ( Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Centaur and other)

2011 University graduate looking for employment

Practice, practice, practice. Every skill is perishable,. Only by constant practice will you be able to hone your craft.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Awesome man

One of my first models in Zbrush was Boba. I have to agree with Sparky...some things look off. Either way I think this is looking really good. Mine looked...well not as good lol.
    I need some sleep....

Yeah, I lined it up with what decent images I could find, but I see what you guys are talking about. It seems more in the legs. But I do want to re-work that right arm too. Thanks for the feed back guys, and I would love to see that Boba And don't worry, we have all been there with first models. You should see mine... I find it so disgusting cause I knew so little, LOL

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

May I suggest that perhaps the head is slightly large? Since we are all in accord that something is a bit off. I think its the head / upper body. hehe it gets tricky in these cases.

Awesome model btw.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I measured him at being about 6.25 heads tall. So a little bit short. I was reading a book by Scott Spencer, ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy, and he writes about how he does a 8 head tall figure. I think average is 7.5 heads but also read that some people used 8.5 to depict gods/heroic figures. I'm horrible with measurement but remember my old illustration instructor telling the class that it is almost better to make the head smaller than too big. Anyways, that's some info to take in. Can't wait to see it all colored up(Not sure if you're going that far with it.

Default Update.

I had some time to work on this a little bit again. Not much just changed the size of his head, brought it down a bit to where it looked a little more comfortable. Thanks Sparky, Magalhaes, and Shrimpcat for your comments! I wasn't initially going to take this into color, BUT!!!! With the new rendering tools and the fact that I need to really improve in that area, I just might do that since I think this would be a good model to practice on. I am slow at posting, but I promise it will get on here someday

Cheers!

PS- I might have made the helmet a little too small in the process

Default RideBack!!!

So I just started watching an Anime called Rideback!! It inspired me to design and model one of my own

I have done a bit of hardsurface modeling in the past, but with this I am gonna go to town and really get into the mechanics of it.

It is still early on, but it's a good start.

If you haven't caught the show, check it out on netflix!
    Kevin J Garcia
    Digital Sculptor for Product
    ZBrush instructor @ Braille institute Los Angeles

Kevin's Sketchbook

Also check out my other profile to see what we are doing with Zbrush at the Braille Institute!

BIA-Class

Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
    -Buckaroo Banzia

Default Arjitian WIP

Hey all!!!

Things have been crazy, but I finally stopped to post something

I have been totally geeing out with Skyrim and decided to make a character that is a Hybrid Khajiit/Argonian!!! There were a lot of things that inspired me to start working on this. I had the honor to represent and help demonstrate Zbrush at the 3rd CTN convention this year.
    I met and watched some of the talented guys at Sony that have been doing those crazy lunch jams!!! I figured I would do one myself, but couldn't stop working. The body was done in a little over an hour, and everything else I just kind of kept adding on. Was spending time on in here and there over the last three days. had a lot of fun and Still have a lot I want to do. Kind of using this to explore a lot of the tools of the program I have not dove into yet. Most of my days are just spent modeling, posing, and then moving on to the next project or dealing with revisions. I am going to try and explore painting and rendering with this.

Here is a turn

For the few of you that saw my last post, I am gonna get back to the Rideback.... But my ADD has gotten the better of me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArjitianFront.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	284927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arjitianside.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	284925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arjitian Explodefront.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	357.1 KB 
ID:	284924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arjitian ExplodeSide.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	428.1 KB 
ID:	284926  
    Last edited by ItbeRufus; 12-03-11 at 08:16 PM.
    Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

Also check out my other profile to see what we are doing with Zbrush at the Braille Institute!

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia

Default Toy Fair

Some fun stuff that I have been working on made it's way to Toy Fair 2014 this year. I need to start posting more in this thread because I have haven't been keeping it up like I had wanted to. So here is my start to get back into the swing of things!

This is the full body done for a bendable figure, but i used the same head, gloves, and boots for the talking doll

The dolls should be going into production soon. If you are 66 Batman fan, I think you are gonna freaking love them

-Kevin
    Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia

So Some fun Marvel stuff came across my desk a while back.

I was able to do some fun Cap and IronMan sculpts. This was when I was really feeling confident with the Topology brush. Now it is a staple for me to build quick, solid meshes of accessories for characters.

I still extract here and there, but I really dig this brush.

Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia

In my ever loving effort to go as long as I can between updates or posts... Here is one

Since Guardians of the Galaxy is out, and since I was able to search and find this product on line, I know I can post these

Worked on a series of finger puppets for Huckleberry Toys.

Starlord (Head was from a messy scan and the guns were provided objs)

Rocket (Gun from Provided obj)

Rocket and Groot (Groot was from a high-res scan of a nutral bust. Thanks to Zremesher, I was able to pose him pretty easy and then give him a simpler and more stylized look)

And Milano

I got to design the whole line pretty much and modeled these. Twas fun
    Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia

Thumbs up

Love the whole miniature style you've got going on here. You should do some more in this style!

Thank ya much I also did some classic Godzillas in a similar style. I will post those too when I get a chance
    Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia

Here are the Godzilla finger puppets I was talking about.

These were pretty fun too
    Kevin J Garcia

Kevin's Sketchbook

BIA-Class

-Buckaroo Banzia