ZBrushCentral

Perception

Blessed are the ones who see beauty wherever they look. What do you see?

Idea for a poster, done in 4 days.

All textures are hand painted from scratch.

[Butterfly_final_s.jpg]

I like it… Very… Expressive :stuck_out_tongue:
And looking at it from a more… technical standpoint, really nice render.
But I think the contrast between the butterfly and the finger is too strong, you don’t really see any shadow.

But it’s nice though :wink:

Hand gestures have different meanings in different cultures…The hand gesture you have chosen contradicts the the meaning behind the concept in my culture anyway…Not sure if that is your entent.:smiley: Maybe study the hand gestures and meanings of them by studying the Buddha…Lots of possibilities for great symbolism in your message and image…:+1: :slight_smile:

@Mj:
Isint the Butterfly the source of the light?

@Nfuchs:
I love it. I would seriously like a very large render of this!
Thanks for posting this!

Cheers!
Mealea

Oh my…
I cant believe I missed that!!! GRIN!!!

There is one thing though that I noticed. There is a double crease going on on the thumb. The crease should be in the inside of the thumb only I believe unless the one on the outside is supposed to be a scar (can’t really see from this angle). Other then that I think this looks great.

i really love this one :wink:

a WORTHY poster.

Thank you guys!

The butterfly is the light source…so no shadows on the finger. This is the poster version.
[color=Wheat]
@SpiritDreamer: Well, nothing has built in meaning so what you perceive depends on your definitions you give to…anything. So you are right about possibilities for symbolism. :slight_smile:

@rkwongwai: I have that crease you mentioned but you are right, it was a bit strong. Updated. :)

[Butterfly_final_poster_s.jpg]

The original render’s details. However, if the butterfly would be seen this big on a 1600x1200 image, then I’d call it 50-60% work in progress in its current state. (Model, shader, hairs…)
Thanks for watching!

[fullsize_detail_collage_1200_web.jpg]

Great Image! my 2 cent would be some mort work on the thumb, it looks strange and ruins the image a bit. either rework the thumb or just simply bend it in more so you don’t see it as much!

peace;)