ZBrushCentral

Manny's Sketchbook

Hey guys,
Finally got the courage to post here, I’d like to hear some feedback and crits. obviously this char still lacks some detail. but the overall proportions and and design is close to finish. im quite curious and anxious to hear from you guys, Ill keep posting as i update and work on new projects. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

-The Butcher- WIP
The_Butcher_Character_Review_01.jpg

Great first post. Volumes all look very nice and natural. No real critiques from me. Do you plan on going any further with it?

this character has really got a great flow of the muscles, and the weight is really nice. All in all impressive, I think. I would defenetly like to see this guy finished :smiley:

This is very cool. The style and look is welld one. Only thing that stood out to me was that I thought his fingers were too skinny for the form.

thats nice job…waiting for more updates :wink:

Like teh model ! But whats going on under his knee ?

Interesting look and nicely done. A great first post.

Looks great!

My only crit for the moment are the hand, i think the fingers are too thin, if you compare the rest of the body

All the best and waiting updates

Victor Marin

Nice sculpt, tight, clean and clear, killer design too:+1:
Just my personal perspective I am having trouble reconciling
some of the muscles, mainly the “pectoralis major” I think its called,
the ones on either side of the neck/back feel a little big,
they flow with the back but seem a bit too big,
but that is my eye not yours;)

I do dig how the skin on the back of his head is being pushed up due to the
mass which indicates to me that those muscles being the way they are
intentional. If so then that is your design intent, and in that case its an
issue of design preference not sculpting prowess

I can see the pants/leggings just above the knee would show better with
a bit more cloth or leather fold feel to the forms, it could just be since its
all one shader and my eye not being sharp enough to make out as well

All opinion, I am certainly no expert of any sort:D

Wow …for a First post you went all out !!! Real nice sculpt …would love to see it done, just one crit … I know you will get to detailing him more but I didn’t notice any fingernails and also this looks like a Character that uses his hands … The back of the forearm looks really clean, I would rethink that give him some scars maybe . Awesome concept and sculpt though .

01.jpg

Looking really good so far! just a few points of critique.
He’s got some MASSIVE traps… I like that :p… I so not really a point of critique there.
But I would double check his back, there are some iffy things going on.
And his forearms, maybe some more definition, as well as his wrist :slight_smile:

Otherwhise, looking sweet! Looking forward to some updates :wink:

Excellent job !!! Can’t wait to see it done!!! :slight_smile:
Keep it UP !:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Looks really great dude, very clean sculpting. You can feel the power he has just by looking at him, so good job. One thing though, his arms look really thin and weak compared to the rest of him, even his hands. Is this intentional? Because I think he could really benefit from those beefing up just a little bit. Not a huge amount, but just enough to look like some strength is coming from those things.

very nice work!:+1: :+1: :+1:

What a great first post! I love his posture and form, and the idea for the character is great too.

Thanks for the comments guys. got carried away and started detailing the body and face. your opinions were extremely helpful and motivational. Here is the update.
Thanks again :slight_smile:
Butcher_Head.jpg

Attachments

Butcher_Character_Review_02.jpg

Really good :+1:

i agree with dman

looks cool!!
What matcap are u using for this!?

really great stuff!