ZBrushCentral

Shortfilm characters / Reel 2011

Hey all!

Went through a bit of a radio silence regarding my personal work. Lot’s on my plate at the moment, both work and life, all good though! I wanted to share these two guys with you all. It’s two of the characters of the shortfilm I am working on at the moment. Those of you who were in Vancouver last week for Siggraph may have already caught a gilmpse of this. It was awesome to meet some of the people on this forum in real life, thanks for dropping by!

I’ve also uploaded a couple videos to Vimeo, showing the animated blendshapes and key driven displacement maps in action. All of these shapes were sculpted in Zbrush, and extracted using a brand new plugin ‘Layer Tools’… which you’ll probably hear more about sometime soon.

Lastly, I also compiled a new reel with my professional work of the last 4/5 years. Enjoy!!

Characters were designed, modeled, sculpted and painted in Zbrush. Displacement maps were extracted from Zbrush and rendered in Vray. Eyebrows were groomed using Joe Alters Shave and Haircut for Maya.

mr Bigears

mr Longneck
[Longneck_Neck_web.jpg[/attach]–>%3C/font%3E"]
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3EZBCThumb2.jpg

*Click any of the links or images, to be taken to the Vimeo website[

Lookdev Test](http://vimeo.com/27669723)

Greyshaded Blendshape Test

Demo Reel 2011

Looks bloody brilliant so far! Can’t wait to see the rest! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

very nice shader on mr bigears

love your work man very nicely done projects
keep it up its trully inspiring

Amazing stuff!!

great work here !

Great!! Great work :+1:

totally astonishing work. Great job

beautifull, the animated render is really impressive, can’t wait to see more on this short film!

love the sculpt and texture, wonderful skin material through maya,
blendshapes are accurate and to the point, nice range of motion,
love to see your zbrush layers break down for your blend shapes

Inspiring as usual Jelmer !
I’d be curious to know a little bit more about your rendering process. Not that I’m expecting something really different from the industry standard passes, but it would be cool to see anyways ! :slight_smile:

-Renaud

Your work is simply awesome!. I am someone who wants to get into visual effects. what advise would you give to a beginner.

overall your demo reel is excellent. 5 STARS!!!

That video is amazing.

Because of the quality of your work, and because each of the blend shapes were created in Zbrush, this should absolutely go Top Row.

Fantastic!

5 stars.

:+1:

One small crit: in your awe inspiring demo reel, the opening drags because the viewer isn’t familiar with the movie those ships and platforms are from. You should OPEN with the shot of the actors, that way we have placement. Then the remaining shots of those ships can follow, but edit them about in half.

The rest is so much more impressive, you should always put your best foot forward.

:slight_smile:

Outstanding! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Excellent work! Top row! :+1:

What is the material and light setup for the gray shading? Really liking his overall look

wow…That’s a great texturing!:+1:

awesome as always jelmer!.
can’t wait to see the short!

cool