ZBrushCentral

Koshey's doodles. (NUDITY)

Took basemesh from the sony thread and started doodling
doodlan.jpg

Another head.
head_sony_base.jpg

:S
They look rather cloned :S

Ok, here’s something new. Comments, critiques, encouragement welcome. I can’t decide if it’s worth taking to the final or just work on something else.
Cultist.jpg

Updated. Guys i’d really appreciate some input. Any input. Is it really that bad?
Cultist_2.jpg

i like it and think you should keep going :+1: if you want to follow the pic more closely, i would say try and make the nose a lot less pronounced and sharpen up her chin. also, beef up the hair, i think it’ll look better long like the pic. and finally, something is bothering me about her upper lip. maybe because it’s half there/half not? anyways i like where you’re headed

in the 2d picture her top lip is very thin (as it would be from an exaggerated grin) but your 3d has full lips in the front.
and as for why it’s looking a little off, i’d say what jumps out to me is the nose is upturned a little too much, and maybe you should “bend” the anatomy of the teeth to follow the grin, as it’s stylized anyways.

all in all it’s a good beginning :slight_smile:

Working on the body
Body.jpg
going for something along these lines:

Attachments

1303452460466.jpg

Ok so i worked some more and here’s what i got:
dORE_REF_used.jpg
Used to this references as well as ones posted before:
She has a very frazetta-ish woman body.

Attachments

laura dore showcase 2.jpg

Laura_Dore_orange-crush6.jpg

Worked a bit more on cultist. What do you think?
CC welcome :smiley:
[attach=269396]Cultist.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Cultist.jpg

Fixing the breasts

Please guys i would love some feedback.

Attachments

Cultist_3.jpg

Did another pass for the body to bring back some twist in the torso as well as shoulder/hip twist.

I’d recommend watching this video:
http://youtu.be/qv9jBlYJLfw

lean her upper body over a bit more to match the reference. and slant the shoulders some. much respect for sculpting without symmetry. I’m afraid to try that.

Hey thanks. Did you buy that tut? Anyway, got as much twist in there as i can. Starting to make clothes now. Mostly polypaint.
turnaround.jpg

Attachments

Clothes.jpg

Cultist-chan17.jpeg

Made some clothes tweaked the body. Feedback plox?

[attach=269819]Cult_4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Cult_4.jpg

Working on a skull from Andrew Cawrse workshop dvd (that guys is so gooood)
As well as ribcage(since my ribcage/pelvis deal in this girl is weird i think or placement of scapulas or something.) from Der Nackte Mensch by Gottfried Bammes such an awesome anatomy book. Plan is to do ribcage and scapulas in primitive shapes attack skull from mr cawrse’s workshop and do a an escorche of upper torso.

CC please? :cry:

Added the scavenged scapulas.

Question. Is there a way to lift polypaint into a separate layer?
I want to do quick pass for skin color but i don’t want it to go over the top of existing poly paint. How would i do that if it’s at all possible? (extracting textures to do some photoshop magick seems like the long way around :S)

Capula_Things.jpg

Have you tried using “Mask by Intensity” or “Mask by Saturation”? One of those should get you where you need to be.

Good luck.

bart

You can’t polypaint in layers, however I think you should hold off on painting skin for a loonggg time. It’s really tempting, but I think it’s gonna make it a lot harder to see your mistakes. It’s looking pretty good so far, and I admire not sculpting in symmetry, but you should take a look at some reference. It looks like her left shoulder blade is 6 inches lower than her right shoulder blade, and her left arm looks just really weird. Good job on her legs so far though.

Playing around with release 2. It’s friggin amasing. Before R2 i would alternate between mudbox/3dcoat/zbrush. Now all the functionality i need is in one application and i love it.
Fatso_3.jpg

I do wonder though is there a quicker way to remove a piece of dynamomesh i sliced off then splitting separate polygroups into separate tools and then deleting the tool i don’t want(and possibly remerging again if there was more then one polygroup)?

Yeah, isn’t it great? This sort of thing is why I was mostly working with 3DCoat even after buying zB4. But 3DC has it’s own limitations that I didn’t like. I’m very happy with R2 as well.