User Gallery

very convincing !
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

Member User Gallery

Best yeti so far!

Brilliant idea to have a gorilla inspired face, and very well executed too!

Senior Member User Gallery

Very powerful and "noble" fantasy portrait. Strong work in every way.

@kokoro thank you for checking out my thread again some great work coming from you also.

@daidda best is stretching it quite a bit but I really appreciate it either way!

@kevphil thank you for the kind words man.

Here is some concepting I initially did for the character. There are a few others I liked also, but ended up landing on #10

I like 2 3 and 10.

Member User Gallery

I like 6 best ... but however excellent works in this thread. This one is worth checking over and over, so keep it up .

@womball thanks womball! I've done #10 already on the previous page

@earthtriber hahah I should! that would be a lot of fun

@boeserwolf thanks boeser . 6 was fun, a little too weak for what I wanted the final image to be though, I think

I've gotten started on #2 already and will maybe take him to final illustration also, we'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final_Render3_02.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	495.8 KB 
ID:	321765  
    Last edited by polaroid29; 09-05-12 at 09:04 AM.

Ver nice work, and i can only echo this:

Quote Originally Posted by earthtriber View Post
    make them all! a tribe of yeti's

@rattus thanks I just might have to get to work on some more of them when I have some extra time.

Until then, some new work from me! Similar to the Yeti, this is my take on another legend. This time, the goatsucker himself Mr. Chupacabra! Trying to mix in elements on various quadrapeds based on the Chupacabra's description, but also some bat influence and fish influence. This is done from dynamesh spheres purely in Zbrush from start to finish, BPR then photoshop for compositing. Thanks again to Bryan Wynia for his direction and amazing help on this one as well. Always open to comments or critiques still. Thanks!

Last edited by polaroid29; 09-06-12 at 03:46 PM.

nice model, but in not feeling the anatomy of many parts. Especially his back legs totally seem like forma different model, in anatomy and detail level. Same goes with his biceps, feels awkwardly placed ;] What i would do is mayeb pop in a one more finger in his back legs, and maybe some stumps like a indication he used to have 5 but then merged back into his leg, also his back leg/belly connection seem bare, i would detail up that part, and his joints of back leg, seem smooth compared to the nicely defined front legs. His head and torso look good ;]

Quote Originally Posted by slocik View Post
    nice model, but in not feeling the anatomy of many parts. Especially his back legs totally seem like forma different model, in anatomy and detail level. Same goes with his biceps, feels awkwardly placed ;] What i would do is mayeb pop in a one more finger in his back legs, and maybe some stumps like a indication he used to have 5 but then merged back into his leg, also his back leg/belly connection seem bare, i would detail up that part, and his joints of back leg, seem smooth compared to the nicely defined front legs. His head and torso look good ;]
    Thanks slocik I definitely agree with you, I think the arms however are moreso the problem rather than the back legs. I also tried to stay away from detailing the belly/back leg area too much as I wanted the main focus and attention to be on his face, but I will have to revisit it and fix things up. Thanks a lot for your crit! Very helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_Flattened2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	414.5 KB 
ID:	322312  

Hey guys, so some fun updates here! I was lucky enough to have Pixologic contact me about putting my Chupacabra model into the turntable gallery.
    You can check it out here: http://www.pixologic.com/turntable/ it was really a ton of fun.

And here is a portfolio still of the Chupacabra:

I hope everybody has been well. I've missed ZBC<3
    Last edited by polaroid29; 10-25-12 at 10:38 AM.

if you ever find out how to fix those shading errors on mike nash's shaders let me know.

Member User Gallery

Nice work man! good to see your using my pack

pabgo - The shading errors you talk about are just the Procedural effects, either you can scale the model up more and reset-xforms causing those procedurals to be smaller or you can go in the overall diffuse part of the shader disable the speckle effects. You need to do one at a time to figure out what ones you don't want in there.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast