New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey, I love the artwork it is sublime. I see a lot of Mesoamerican influence here which is fantastic. I have a question regarding workflow however...

What is the main difference between tileable geometry and tileable texture? I understand that a tileable texture should be square i.e. 1024x1024 but can tileable geometry be any shape as long as it tiles and if so how do you join tileable geometry so that there is no seam ingame?

I ask because the temple wall for example is an actually piece of detailed geometry as opposed to just a plane with a texture applied.

Thanks

Default Amazing Work

Your work is a true inspiration,no one could fault it.
    i have a couple of questions please if you wouldnt mind answering

1. your highlights in the cracks of your paving slabs,do you add them in the texture process or use light from the game engine.

2.do you paint your textures

3. any future plans for a texturing tutorial

thank you

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for sharing! amazing work.
    Sketchfab

Default Very good : I have a question

Very amazing pieces of work, I know that this forum thread was posted a long time ago so I am not expecting a reply. But if you do reply I would like to ask a question. My question is that I am 13, and I want to be an Environmental Artist when I grow up. I don't exactly know what I should do at this age to improve my skills and get me more prepared for that field. Any suggestions?

Thanks again, your work is amazing, keep it up!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2891011