Senior Member User Gallery

Very nice, wonderful sculpting!
    Needs some texturing and the best-the easiest preview way is this.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...l=1#post917407
    Last edited by michalis; 02-14-12 at 01:44 PM.

Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    Very nice, wonderful sculpting!
    Needs some texturing and the best-the easiest preview way is this.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...l=1#post917407
    Thank you, that tut is really nice!
    Here goes the "michalized" version with an ao map

BTW. I finally realized that if I import my mesh into blender with mapping data I can bake textures (ambient occlusion etc.) onto them. Big thanks to the guys who discussed about such topics.
    I had some time this weekend so i also created a small scene for the deadpool figure.

Very nice!
    Glad I helped a bit.
    BTW, as you already UV unwrapped it, better paint the texture instead of projecting it.
    You have another interesting opportunity, to export your original hi detailed Sc mesh, decimate it as much as possible, enable the "clever" UV deformation mode,smooth it as an egg, jump to paint mode. This method eliminates UV islands. Now, after painting, export all to blender, subsurf modifier as needed, use shrinkwrap to re-project it on the original mesh.
    Now you're able to bake any map you like.
    I'm not sure how clear these all are to you, please tell me.

Member User Gallery

I think it is clear to me, the method you discribed can be very effective if someone tries to find balance between the fastest presentation and the most correct mesh topology/mapping. I found that cycles does not care too much about the polygon density of a mesh (only BVH building takes longer), so as far as i'm not planning to pose/animate, topology is just a waste of precious time for me. Creating correct topology is art by itself and i find it awsome and inavoidable but right now i just don't have enough time for that.
    This is why it is great to have tutorials like the fastest presentation method you described, with projected textures and really easy setup. I also tried the UV deformation mode but the results were not significantly better for me. Maybe i just did not do it correctly and sholud try more (searching for a nice video tutorial).

Yesterday i was triying to do some new stuff which was inspired by the artwork of M0AI http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...=m0ai#/d4pog4n

WIP

Member User Gallery

Just a render update. A little summary of my previous sculptris works. I rendered it with cycles, however it somehow ran out of memory, so it was not able to complete more than about 500 passes.

Member User Gallery

I had no posts long ago. Here's a little update.

Member User Gallery

new creature concept

I could press F12 for you, if you want. My rig: X6 cores @3.2 16gb RAM and lots of nVIDIA CUDA cores

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234