Member User Gallery

Hey esgeee, Nice thread you have going here, lot's of good information. I'm new to 3d and your Deadpool Retopo
    step by step was really helpful. I've been wondering on how to turn sculptris concepts into poseable models.
    Does Blender have a steep learning curve? Thanks!

Senior Member User Gallery

I like the last one a lot--cartoony and expressive. :-D

Member User Gallery

to MattC: Thank you, i'm glad if can help someone. Blender definetly has a steep learning curve when you are a self-taught artist. But it worth the time you spend with learning especially when you're on a low budget (like me). Thanks to the really active community there are tons of useful tutorials around (e.g. BNation, Bguru, BNerd). And of course there are many inspiring artists here at this forum who use this tool (you should check out some older posts of the threads of michalis and SeanJM, you will find the tricks you are looking for). Here's another fine tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icqPZ...eature=related

to SeanJM: Thank you very much!

Member User Gallery

Thanks For the tips esgeee, I will check out those tutorials, the link is very helpful.

Cheers!
    Matt

Member User Gallery

Further attempts on comp. This time I tried to "standardize" my method some way. This is a mix of what i saw and what i've tried to figure out. Phrases are not always 100% correct, anyway i hope you like it. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Member User Gallery

No experimenting this time - only sculpting.

Member User Gallery

Default Mesh - Remesh

AT LAST!
    I tried blenders remesh modifier, and i just got my jaw dropped. THIS is what a sculptris-blender workflow really needed. Of course the manual retopo is much better, but this method is WAY FASTER.
    1. Import your .obj and duplicate it (highpoly-lowpoly)
    2. Apply the remesh modifier (wait for the next release of blender or grab a build from graphicall) (mode: smooth, octree: default remove: uncheck)
    3. Add a multires/subdiv modifier to the lowres mesh
    4. Project the details from the highres to the lowres (shrinkwrap)
    5. Adjust the density with multires/subdiv until you get satisfying results

The result of my first experiment:

ha ha, I didn't try it. well done!
    what settings are you using for remesh mod?

edit:
    It didn't work for me. For simple sculpts only. Or on higher density which has no meaning.
    Try a hand and see. Shrinkwrap is a bit problematic. All these are miles behind zbrush/3dcoat methods.
    Last edited by michalis; 01-04-12 at 07:31 AM.

Member User Gallery

I agree with that. Does not work with complex sculpts whatever settings i use. However i think it is a big step forward and hope that it will be developed further. The skin mod also looks promising. If only sculptris would be evolving as fast as ZB or Blender or 3DC...

Member User Gallery

Weekend doodle. Glasses modeled in blender the rest of the model was sculpted in sculptris.

New Member User Gallery

Good work and nice thread. I especially liked that face-loop exercise a couple pages back. Never seen anything like that.

Remesh looks too cool. And it totally went trunk over the weekend, too. I hope trying to combine it with the knife tool doesn't get us into more trouble than it's worth.

Member User Gallery

Thank you for the feedback, i'm glad if i can give back something to the community which i got so much from.

Member User Gallery

A new sculpt, a really quick and simple cycles setup. I think i'm influenced by the other guys' dwarf and bearded doodles.

That sculpting of the beard came out great. In my opinion, the only thing it may have needed would be to take it out of symmetry and then sculpting into the center line to break it up a little.

Member User Gallery

Thank You! You are absolutely right about that. I will give it a try.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast