excellent training videos, many thanks

steve g
    stee+cats
    monster2u.com
    cresshead.com

-e n d o f l i n e-

New Member User Gallery

Cool Zbrush Planet

This is exactly why I love Zbrush. Magicians revealing their magic tricks. There's no place like Zbrush planet.

Member User Gallery

hi, there! Thanks for your works, it's very useful!
    But I have some problems that I'm sure I did what you do in the Multipass video, some passes could not coincide together(in the same frame the rendering from the same angle is different).
    Do you have any idea about this?
    Thanks!
    Imagination!
    Never lose my passion!

A Siyu Tao Film coming soon in X/X/20XX...

Member User Gallery

hi, there! Thanks for your works, it's very helpful!
    But I have some problems that I'm sure I did what you do in the Multipass video, some passes could not coincide together(in the same frame the rendering from the same angle is different).
    Do you have any idea about this?
    Thanks!
    Imagination!
    Never lose my passion!

Member User Gallery

Sorry for clicking twice
    Imagination!
    Never lose my passion!

New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by aurick View Post
    Banner.jpg

One of the single most important things you'll ever do as a professional digital artist is to create your demo reel. After all, if you can't land a job you can't put your mad skills to work! Business cards and resumes are all well and good but prospective employers want to actually see what you can do. Galleries are great for this, but they lack the impact of a well constructed demo real. They also can't show nearly as much information in a limited time or present your work in an entertaining manner that really grabs the viewer.

Not only does ZBrush provide a powerful suite of tools for creatingdigital assets, it also has incredibly useful features for presenting your best creations in an attention-grabbing demo reel. You can get amazing results in very little time.

In this "Artists in Action" entry (which is also featured in the current issue of Imagine Magazine), Steve Warner takes you through this process by sharing five techniques you can use to harness the power of ZBrush 4 for creating demo reels that pop:
    1. Easy Wireframe Renders
    2. Easy UV Renders
    3. Easy Posing
    4. Easy Animations
    5. Easy Multipass Rendering
    Whether you're a new grad trying to get your reel out there or a seasoned professional looking to streamline your post-production techniques, you'll find an essential resource in this in-depth step by step and video tutorial!

Be sure to also check out our many past interviews, which can be found in the ZBrush Artist Interviews forum and the User Stories page at the Pixologic website.

Icon.jpg
    Hey man thanks for the vids but I have a question. I tried doing the shadow pass light you described and no matter what I did I can't get any shadows to show up on my model after I use the Flat/White fill you say to use. I have 4R2 so i don't know if anything changed since 4.0 and your video, but when I render the image (BPR) it takes just as long as it would if it had shadows but none are showing up on my screen...accept when I go to the BPR Render Pass menu and look at the render icons...there is one that shows shadows...but how does that relate to what you are telling me to do? Yours are showing up right on the screen! Not to mention it is taking for ever to render and I only have the one default light set up.I don't know how that could be an issue since I can render it BPR with my original textures and get nice shadows to show up on screen. Can you give me some pointers please?

Member User Gallery

Default difficulty with creating a shadow Pass and AO Pass

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your tuts for this! I'm also having difficulty with creating a shadow Pass and AO Pass. Similar to the post before mine. When I use BPR set to Best, I only get a white silhouette of my ZTool. On page five of your tutorial, step 14 you mention using the MGray. I downloaded your file and it seems to work fine, so I'm confident I'm doing something wrong.
    R y a n D a r l i n g
    Digital Sculpting / Animation
    Darling3d.com

Senior Multimedia
    Designer
    Applied Medical Resources

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123