New Member User Gallery

Default GoZ problems with scale?

Seems to be an issue with scale when importing or exporting, but I can't track down where to fix.

In Zbrush grab the demosoldier shirt subtool, hitting GoZ to sculptris works great! Get's in there fine and can start adding details etc. Hit GoZ back to zbrush and the shirt is extremely too small...

Is it just a setting somewhere? If so, where? I couldn't find anything on scale from zbrush, and sculptris barely has any settings...

Senior Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tehfailsafe View Post
    Seems to be an issue with scale when importing or exporting, but I can't track down where to fix.

In Zbrush grab the demosoldier shirt subtool, hitting GoZ to sculptris works great! Get's in there fine and can start adding details etc. Hit GoZ back to zbrush and the shirt is extremely too small...

Is it just a setting somewhere? If so, where? I couldn't find anything on scale from zbrush, and sculptris barely has any settings...
    Having the same issue going to Maya via GoZ after the 4r4 update; didn't have the problem before the update. -Les
    Portfolio and blog: http://www.sixus1.com

Senior Member User Gallery

Default Re

They did do a major scaling update with A6, if you remember A5 (the old "A Gift") one, when importing models to Wings3d or Blender you had to scale way, way, way out just to see it! They were huge back then. Wings3d has about the same stock scaling as 3DSMax and Blender, and now the models import to about that scale, although stock Sculptris models seem to import just under the grid, rather than on top ??? .... Try using the Import/Export functions, rather than GoZ. There's been many other complaints about GoZ and Sculptris.