ZBrushCentral

Sculptris Alpha 6: It's HERE!

[attach=257781]Banner[/attach]

Sculptris Alpha 6 is now here, bringing a polished code, greatly improved compatibility -- and support for Mac OS X! Sculptris remains one of the most fun, natural-feeling and easy to use 3D modeling and painting programs anywhere. Working with it feels like sculpting real-world clay. You don't need to worry about polygon structure, edge flows, or even polygon counts. Simply add volume where you need it and sculpt details where you want them. Sculptris automatically divides the mesh as you sculpt and only where needed for the details that you are sculpting. Wherever possible, its sculpting tools mimic real-world sculpting, making the software incredibly intuitive. Sculptris is also great for texture painting, assigning UV's automatically (although you can also use your own) and then allowing you to paint on the texture map in 3D and in real-time. Sculptris Alpha 6 introduces some significant enhancements:

• An option for ZBrush-style navigation. No need to learn all new hotkeys and navigation commands in order to work with both programs.
  • GoZ. Send your models back and forth between ZBrush and Sculptris with a single button click.
  • Mac Support. Sculptris is no longer only for PC users!
If you were unable to run Sculptris on your computer in the past, we encourage you to try the new release – there’s a good chance you’ll now be able to.

Everyone who’s already been using Sculptris should update to the Alpha 6 release. For those of you who haven’t tried it yet or are new to the world of digital sculpting, Sculptris is the ideal ground on which to get started, there’s never been a better time to get your feet wet. After all, it’s FREE!

Try it out, play with it, have fun, make some great artwork and share it with us in the [Sculptris Forum](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110) here at ZBrushCentral. Enjoy the journey! -The Pixologic Team

Click Here to Download Sculptris for Windows or Mac

Were you a beta tester? It is now safe (and encouraged!) to share your beta Sculptris artwork with the community in the Sculptris Main Forum!

© 2011 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo, Sculptris and the Sculptris logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic, Inc. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

[attach=257782]Sculptris-ICON_white.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ZBCBanner.jpg

Sculptris-ICON_white.jpg

I have been looking forward this… thanks a lot!

Wow! Thanks a lot.

At last!

Woot.

None of the videos are working at the link either the ones at overview or features
Introduction to Sculptris
3D Sculpting
3D Painting
Dynamic Tessellation
GoZ
Navigational Controls

:b2:

Wonderful Indeed! :+1:

wooot wooot, fanboy alarm. my favourite app got new release and im reading about goz for sculptris…yesss!!!

…december! :wink:

Thank you!

Meanwhile:

It’s taken almost a year to add Goz export and similar navigation to Zbrush. That’s it? Nothing else?

Also not impressed with the instalation proccess as it did not ask where to install the program, just installed to my C drive which is full!

On using Alpha 6 for the first time it crashed trying to import a file from alpha 5.

Changed the background on my sculpt, but because Sculptris is now all included in one exe file I cant find a way to reload the default background?

Thank You So Much Pixologic!
Sculptris and GoZ are working great on mac 10.6.7.
Kudos!

Go to Options/Background and then pick a file named Background on the C/…/Pixologic/Sculptris/Data

WOW, GoZ and OSX support, just the 2 things I’ve been hoping Sculptris would work towards. Thank you Pixo(and Dr. Petter, if he’s still developing it)

Great news! Eager to try this! Thanks!! :+1:

Thank You!!!

Awesome, thank you guys. I love your ways! YOu give and give. YOu are not like some other companies who take take take and if they could they would charge 10,000-20,000 for 3d software again.

You guys are awesome but dang how do you guys get paid. You are crazy. :slight_smile:

Thanks…hopefully soon we will get paint on topology and/or autotop. That would rock!

Thank you very much!!!

I’m very happy to see your Sculptris project going up :slight_smile:

WOW!! THANK YOU PIXOLOGIC!! :+1: :wink:

How does zbrush handle meshes to and from sculptris? When a mesh goes into sculptris isn’t then converted to triangles? What about when you go from sculptris to zbrush?

Handling of pre-UV’d Models is much better!