Super Moderator User Gallery

Default Sculptris Alpha 6: It's HERE!

Banner

Sculptris Alpha 6 is now here, bringing a polished code, greatly improved compatibility -- and support for Mac OS X!

Sculptris remains one of the most fun, natural-feeling and easy to use 3D modeling and painting programs anywhere. Working with it feels like sculpting real-world clay. You don't need to worry about polygon structure, edge flows, or even polygon counts. Simply add volume where you need it and sculpt details where you want them. Sculptris automatically divides the mesh as you sculpt and only where needed for the details that you are sculpting. Wherever possible, its sculpting tools mimic real-world sculpting, making the software incredibly intuitive.

Sculptris is also great for texture painting, assigning UV's automatically (although you can also use your own) and then allowing you to paint on the texture map in 3D and in real-time.

Sculptris Alpha 6 introduces some significant enhancements:

• An option for ZBrush-style navigation. No need to learn all new hotkeys and navigation commands in order to work with both programs.
    • GoZ. Send your models back and forth between ZBrush and Sculptris with a single button click.
    • Mac Support. Sculptris is no longer only for PC users!
    If you were unable to run Sculptris on your computer in the past, we encourage you to try the new release -- there's a good chance you'll now be able to.

Everyone who's already been using Sculptris should update to the Alpha 6 release. For those of you who haven't tried it yet or are new to the world of digital sculpting, Sculptris is the ideal ground on which to get started, there's never been a better time to get your feet wet. After all, it's FREE!

Try it out, play with it, have fun, make some great artwork and share it with us in the Sculptris Forum here at ZBrushCentral.

Enjoy the journey!
    -The Pixologic Team

Were you a beta tester? It is now safe (and encouraged!) to share your beta Sculptris artwork with the community in the Sculptris Main Forum!

© 2011 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo, Sculptris and the Sculptris logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic, Inc. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Sculptris-ICON_white.jpg

Senior Member User Gallery

Default Thank you!!!!

I have been looking forward this... thanks a lot!

Member User Gallery

Wow! Thanks a lot.

At last!

Default Thank you very much

Woot.
    Last edited by bLawless; 06-20-11 at 05:42 PM.
    brandonlawless.com
    Behance
    lawless 2011
    lawless 2010

Corsair GRAPHITE 600t, i7 2600k 3.4GHz, Win 7 Pro
    16GB RAM, n580GTX lightning extreme ed
    27 inch iMac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, OS X Lion

USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

None of the videos are working at the link either the ones at overview or features
    Introduction to Sculptris
    3D Sculpting
    3D Painting
    Dynamic Tessellation
    GoZ
    Navigational Controls

Last edited by SpaceMan; 06-20-11 at 05:46 PM.
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

New Member User Gallery

Wonderful Indeed!

wooot wooot, fanboy alarm. my favourite app got new release and im reading about goz for sculptris...yesss!!!!

Talking It's not yet the 25...

...december!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges

Thank you!

Meanwhile:

It's taken almost a year to add Goz export and similar navigation to Zbrush. That's it? Nothing else?

Also not impressed with the instalation proccess as it did not ask where to install the program, just installed to my C drive which is full!

On using Alpha 6 for the first time it crashed trying to import a file from alpha 5.

Changed the background on my sculpt, but because Sculptris is now all included in one exe file I cant find a way to reload the default background?

New Member User Gallery

Thank You So Much Pixologic!
    Sculptris and GoZ are working great on mac 10.6.7.
    Kudos!

Go to Options/Background and then pick a file named Background on the C/.../Pixologic/Sculptris/Data

Member User Gallery

Default OSX SUPPORT!!!!!! & GoZ!!!!!! :-)

WOW, GoZ and OSX support, just the 2 things I've been hoping Sculptris would work towards. Thank you Pixo(and Dr. Petter, if he's still developing it)

Great news! Eager to try this! Thanks!!
    "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to." - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by edtuckerartist
    Thank you!

Meanwhile:

It's taken almost a year to add Goz export and similar navigation to Zbrush. That's it? Nothing else?

Also not impressed with the instalation proccess as it did not ask where to install the program, just installed to my C drive which is full!

On using Alpha 6 for the first time it crashed trying to import a file from alpha 5.

Changed the background on my sculpt, but because Sculptris is now all included in one exe file I cant find a way to reload the default background?
    Do a custom install to change the directory, ;-)

And--my video card isn't happy with this. Excuse to buy a new machine? :-)
    Hmmm, it is very unstable with my video card 8600GT, the display driver is crashing frequently.
    Last edited by SeanJM; 06-20-11 at 07:49 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123410 ... LastLast