ZBrushCentral

OS X Lion and Zbrush

Hey

Are there any one here that know if Zbrush on Mac´s next OS X Lion are running as it should or are there any problems …

I guess alot of mac users would like to know that before upgrading :slight_smile:

Cheers

+1

Would be cool to get feedback on this before the release.

I would like to know as well. A few people here at work use Zbrush on Mac computers, we all need to know.

Thank you.

Yeah, a little info might be nice…I don’t want to mess up my access to a working ZB4.
Please don’t make us resort to waiting to see what other users experience after an upgrade to Lion.

lion and Zbrush seems to work fine, but if you are using intuos4 with Zbrush you should wait until wacom will update their drivers. The brush “lags” in the document window. When using mouse it runs smoothly.

ARGH.
So what about intuos 3? Anyone know?

ARGH.
So what about intuos 3? Anyone know?

I use an Intuos 3, and I experience the same problems as described with the Intuos 4.

So, in order to work properly I will probably switch back to Snow Leopard for the time being.

I’ve installed Lion on two iMac’s and I haven’t had any issues so far.

Well, we tested a little, and my husband has got a Mac Pro, no problems there. I have an iMac (from 2008), and I keep experiencing this problem. Not sure why though…

I’m on an older MacPro…Lion and ZB4 are working as intended, but I have only tinkered with sculpting so far.

I had lag for a wee bit after installing Lion but after spotlight had finished indexing everything it needed to and time machine had finished its backups all went fine. No issues so far.

Mike

Yeah, that was what I was suspecting as well when I opened ZBrush for the first time, however, it struck me as weird that the mouse worked perfectly, only when I used the Wacom I had this lagging.
ZBrush also is the only program I have this problem with, so I am not sure if it is a problem solely caused by Wacom or if ZBrush and maze my hardware has something to do with it.

The Macbook Pro from 2009 of my husband also has the same problems. His Mac Pro however is quite powerful, even though it is from 2008. He needs it for rendering and realtime 3D, so obviously it has more power than my iMac.

I’m using LION and wacom intous 4.

Works great. I didn’t try GOZ yet tho…

Lion is really nice. Love what they did. Gives me a new work flow. And a faster way to find files. I love the new browser features.

-peace

Right I changed my mind. Using the tablet if I am choosing menu items there is no issues. If I move within the viewport then it stutters a bit. Weird.

Mike

Same problem here with Intuos 4. Friend of mine has Intuos 3 and has no problems. I am having no problems with Intuos 4 and Mudbox, so I wonder if this is a ZBrush issue or Intuos 4 drivers.

-Wes

Not sure but my cintiq 12wx is having juddering issues especially after moving to higher resolutions. Hopefully if it is a zbrush issue we wont have to wait months for a fix.

Mike

I sure hope a solution gets posted soon. I can’t use ZBrush at this time. Unfortunately, it seems like a small number of users are effected.

-Wes

I have found a second app that had similar juddering issues at least for a short while. It was Pixelmator a 2d graphics app for mac. Maybe it is a wacom driver issue! Hopefully they get new drivers out soon so we can know.
Would of course be nice if Pixologic would break the habit of a life time and actually acknowledge if they have noticed an issue and what their thoughts were.

Mike

From our internal tests, we don’t have such issue with Lion and ZBrush/Sculptris.

An advice may be to de-install the wacom driver, cleaning the preferences (Wacom have a dedicated application for that, installed by the driver, in your program folder or Application (or utilities) folder.
Then download the last Wacom driver at the Wacom website (forget your provided CD…) and do a fresh install.
As soon as we find more about this issue, we will keep you updated. Aurick may have some extra information soon too.