ZBrushCentral

fun with zbrush

its more than 5 years since my last post here, but now i have upgraded from zb1.55b to z4, and it took me some time to explore all new features. now i have some grasp of a good part of the new zbrush, and i love it … so, i thought, i say thank you to pixologic, to let me make such a huge upgrade for free, and share my newest creation… an ogre, created completely in zbrush, bpr rendered maps, and composed in photoshop… i hope you enjoy

ogre_final_large.jpg

<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Attachments

ogre_icon_zbc.jpg

Hey, it’s Shreks dad-:smiley: Good work!

hi dragon, thanks ! hehe, yes, lets me think this direction, too

after all the work on him, i just wanted play,,,came up with some expressions, is really fun to create them in layers,,, enjoy

ogre_expression_icon_zbc.jpg

ogre_expressions.jpg

<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

a portrait of friedrich schiller, a great german poet that was born 1759. the reference image i used, a painting, showed him how he might have looked 1794…

![schiller_icon_zbc.jpg|110x60](upload://1SY02sXCEIv5GRVDLJhuiWZOhHG.jpeg) ![schiller_big.jpg|624x768](upload://fq7g092zbcZ8yXOghz8PamLbMQO.jpeg)

another portrait bust along classical lines, though not in marble…

roman_bust_icon_zbc.jpg

Attachments

roman_bust_1.jpg

roman_bust_2.jpg

with this elf, i started from the basemesh i made for the ogre, heavily pushed the polygons around, and cut away the ones below the neck… the result became this elf :smiley:

elf_icon_zbc.jpg

elf_500.jpg

Yes, long time ago Kokoro!
happy to see your work again:+1:
Hope you are fine

hello andreseloy, so very nice to meet friend from the past. yes, i am doing fine, hope the same from you.

i had another go with the basemesh from the ogre, just added one big edgeloop to help modeling the more extreme nose and expression…

one thing, is there a way to avoid that zbrush lightens objects in shadow ? i mean the following : the top rim of the witchs ear show highlights, even though they should be in deep shadow from the hat. i have rendered ambient occlusion, and that helped at least to make the inside of the mouth darker (which also was brightly lit from the render)… what am i missing ?

witch_icon_zbc.jpg
witch_04.jpg

are they separated object?
btw look very well!

thanks, andreseloy… yes, the bust is one mesh, hat, eyes, and hair are each one mesh, all combined in one tool.

as a break from my current project i made this speedsculpt. 2 hours sculpting, 2 hours fiddling with renders and compositing in photoshop,…i am not that easy to satisfiy … lol…

[ATT=258447&thumbs=1]alien_icon_zbc.jpg[/ATT]
alien.jpg

Attachments

alien_icon_zbc.jpg

i tried to recreate the marble bust of constanza bonarelli, carved by one of my favourite sculptors, bernini… i tried to be as close as i could on her face and expression, i was deliberately loose with her hair and blouse. for these i just wanted capture the essence, but not every detail as bernini has carved it… i know, i am far from the goal, but i would like to know what you think about my attempt… so, if you see something, where i should focus my learning, please do give constructive critique

constanza_icon_zbc.jpg
constanza_front_small.jpg

Attachments

constanza_side_small.jpg

Really like the roman bust, resembles the one in Rafael Ghencev’t tutorial on roman busts, nicely done. I like the Bernini Sculpt and having seen it in person it’s a great attempt!

There was a special on Bernini (5 parts on youtube) it has a lot of info on the bust you are trying to recreate

hi d100763, i havent seen the youtube special on bernini, will definitely check it out. thanks for the hint. and, yes, i read that tutorial about roman bust first, and wanted make a similar one then. i did not try to copy his, i wanted push mine in a different direction. thanks for commenting !

have learnt recently a little more about skull anatomy, so i wanted see how it applies, and made this study piece… inspired by a sculpture of philippe faraut…

male_bust_icon_zbc.jpg

male_bust_02_small.jpg%3C/font%3E"]
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=258816&thumb=1)

this time a female head study … worked quite some time on the render and composition, hope you enjoy the result…

female_head_study_icon_zbc.jpg

female_head_study.jpg

Witch is a slam dunk, and Costanza also has some really nice features :+1:

thanks cherub rock, though i am not sure i understand “slam dunk” as i am not native english speaker,but i like what dictionary says it could mean :wink:

this fun piece again started from the ogre basemesh. i really love working my way up from basemeshes with few polys and good solid edgeloops… and, as this piece shows, i love too playing around long time with compositing the bpr renders in photoshop, there are so many possibilities each time to explore…

porky_icon_zbc.jpg

porky.jpg