New Member User Gallery

OK.. so I found out what was going on with my case.. for some reason ZBrush was not recognizing the server drives.. which was just a matter of clicking on them and it worked.. so right now is working fine.

again, running on Softimage 2012 and ZBrush 4R2.

and again, thanks for this great plugin! now that I see what happened on my end it works like a charm
    Emanuel Rosario

3D Artist

New Member User Gallery

I tried the plugin too, but i deleted it because softimage crashed all the time i launched it.

Quote Originally Posted by freehand View Post
    I tried the plugin too, but i deleted it because softimage crashed all the time i launched it.
    Which Version of Softimage are you using? If is 2012, i have the same problem.
    Last edited by BojanStankovski; 10-06-11 at 11:35 PM.

New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BojanStankovski View Post
    Could it be the way it's being installed that is causing the issues? on my end it was not a Softimage issue, it was a network issue that was easily solved. But after that, is working fine.
    Emanuel Rosario

3D Artist

New Member User Gallery

Yes, it's softimage 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by EXOSOUL View Post
    Could it be the way it's being installed that is causing the issues? on my end it was not a Softimage issue, it was a network issue that was easily solved. But after that, is working fine.
    Not sure, I've done everything that is said in the instructions. On My sister's Laptop, is working like an charm, but i can't work on the laptop, because is slow, and my sister working on it. And on my PC have problem.

New Member User Gallery

Not sure, I've done everything that is said in the instructions. On My sister's Laptop, is working like an charm, but i can't work on the laptop, because is slow, and my sister working on it. And on my PC have problem.
    did you installed Microsoft.Net Framework 4 on your home PC? I had to do that on mine in order to make it work.. but on the systems at work it seems it was already installed so I didn't had to download it there.

It could be that her Laptop came with that already install, and you have to install it on yours..
    Emanuel Rosario

3D Artist

New Member User Gallery

Hi, I was wondering if there is a fully working version for Softimage 2012 SP1 64bit?
    I tried the 2012 files and everything is working fine except the export from zbrush to softimage,can't do it automaticaly.

New Member User Gallery

doesnt work for me on 2012 SAP, got .net 4 installed.
    when starting softimage i get this errors:

ERROR : 2424 - XSI failed to load a .NET plug-in. This error happens because the plug-in may have been compiled with a different version of XSI. Recompile the plug-in with the current version of XSI to fix the problem.
    Plug-in: C:\Users\name\Autodesk\Softimage_2012_Subscription _Advantage_Pack\Addons\XGoz\Application\Plugins\XG oZService.dll
    Current XSI version: 10.5.98.0

and an error asking for an object:
    [line 306 in C:\Users\name\Autodesk\Softimage_2012_Subscription _Advantage_Pack\Addons\XGoz\Application\Plugins\Up dateXGoZActiveProjectPath.js]

line 306 is:
    XGoZServiceStart();

when i try XGoZ Send To ZB it gives the following error:
    ERROR : - [line 133 in C:\Users\name\Autodesk\Softimage_2012_Subscription _Advantage_Pack\Addons\XGoz\Application\Plugins\XG oZSendToZBPlugin.js]
    ERROR : 2006-CUST-XGoZSendToZB - Unexpected failure.
    XGoZSendToZB();

New Member User Gallery

Yep... Don't work with XSI 2012 SAP
    This is tedious, I have just take the nice habit using this plugin (thanks very much for your effort!).

It is odious the only package have not GoZ is Softimage (Maya, 3dsm, Modo, Cinema 4d and Lightwave 11 have it. So, Autodesk have not any interest in doing it for XSI, they want push Mudbox (hate it...) and Pixologic seems have not interest in Softimage (why... why dear pixologic doing it for maya and 3dsm and not for my beloved XSI?!
    Last edited by Argate; 12-16-11 at 03:48 AM.

New Member User Gallery

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...or-softimage-!

See all the answers i got. I hate max and maya, and this convinced me stopping 3d, because i have absolutely no pleasure working like that.

New Member User Gallery

i think this plugin used to work, recently i'm only achieving sporadic success, some times one of my sub tools comes through with its colour/disp/norm and the geom approx set up but generally all its doing is importing the objs

I'm using softimage 2012 64bit windows 7 and Zbrush 4R2

I work in a department with about 30 Autodesk suits - this means we can use Maya or Soft and we also have mud box thrown in, one of the biggest criticisms of Zbrush here is that its hard to get your work into Softimage.
    as an ambasador for Zbrush i'm finding it hard to fight my corner, (i'll die trying)
    please can we have a reliable GoZ for softimage?

it's so tedious to set up change range nodes and geometry approximation for 20 sub tools, and people here keep playing around with MB, so far no one has got it working but when they do I might find it hard to justify Zbrush out of the budget

is there any news out there on a solution?

New Member User Gallery

Looks like something I should try out. This should work for Mod Tool 7.5 as well, correct?

EDIT: All righty, had a go at this plugin, and I did this in both directions using a sphere primitive. And this plugin did what it was supposed to, and I'm happy to tell you that this plugin does indeed work flawlessly between XSI Mod Tool and Zbrush 4R2b. The import of the sphere went in smoothly, and I was able to sculpt into it quite well...then I re-exported it out of Zbrush, and imported it back into Mod Tool, and boom, the sculpted additions were visible inside of XSI Mod Tool. Congrats on this plugin, and this will certainly make for a wonderful pipeline now!
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 01-26-12 at 05:31 PM.

it's possible to keep the crease mesh ? from softimage for goZ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123