ZBrushCentral

From the top down...

I think practice on heads will get me where I need to be so it’s on to the next part…the body…hmmmm…looks like I need lots of practice here but thought I’d drop this image off on my way to the lighting tutorials in Quicklinks so I can see what it all should look like while I’m working :rolleyes:

Hey Vikki! Thanks to Ken B, and others, I’ve started to believe that the easiest way to start a torso is with a Sweep Profile tool…
Try this out…It produces a qick and rough torso that can be further modelled…Just an example you might find interesting…
SpinTorso.txt
Here’s what it produces…

As you can see, this torso needs more modelling, but it might give you an idea on another way to do it rather than using a sphere tool… :wink:

You’re way ahead of me Vikki - I’m still trying to model my first head.

I think you’re on the right track but through early experimenting I am begining to think that heads which are not looking directly at the viewer are probably more natural unless you are doing a formal portrait.

I’m off now to see if I can catch you up…

Prunesquallor

Stonecutter, your a champ! Thank you.

That shows how much I munged it up…I started the body with a spherinder… :smiley: The head was a sphere but as you can see I had a more than a little bugger getting them to fit together, well, so, isn’t that what the smudge brush was invented for… hehehe! :smiley: (Just finally, after all this time, figured out the difference tool, doh! That makes it a lot easier to at least line things up…)

Seriously though, thanks for the script! This is awesome. Not only that, it shows the lighting so I can see how to set that up better.

And I won’t be messing my mesh as bad as I have to to use the spherinder! :wink:

Hey Prunesquallor!

I think you’re a bit ahead of me. :smiley: I haven’t changed the attitude of the head yet because I’m still working on depth…you know when you turn the head sideways, getting the eyes set correctly…but I’m working on it. At my current level of ZLearning, on a rotated head, my eyes look like something out of Swamp Thing… :rolleyes: Not that they’re too much different now … :smiley:

I think your coming along well with the modelling Vikki, it all takes a bit of time but you get there in the end.
:+1: :+1: :+1:
Dave

Neat Expression in the face–and you sure could use that body by using some more parts (arms-hands) and ‘tweaking’ the bod with other brushes or the magic of …clothing :smiley: :smiley: I think it’s a cute start!! :+1:

Great strides!! I applaud your efforts (and respect the results!!)

I still get intimidated with the human form.

Great work and effort. :smiley: :+1: :+1:

hi Vikki
the pic came out nice i like the Lips.
and stonecutter yours was pretty Good.
the Black BackGround realy Brought out your Torso to View it.
keep up the Good Work :+1: