ZBrushCentral

Knock, knock (1+ image per page)

Hello.

I would like to introduce myself. My screen name is “kurisu” and I am an old fan of ZBrush. I have not been active in the ZBrush communities for some time, having left to pursue my dream to create an independent PC puzzle videogame “Cuboingo” (www.cuboingo.com). Though unseen, I watched the community steadily grow and have been very impressed with what ZBrush users have created, and how they have shared with one another. The encouragement, the training and the talent is staggering, and I’ve enjoyed watching as a silent onlooker.

Although I am still very busy, I would like to participate. As an opening offering, I’d like to share a revised version of an old piece:

“Vizerius”

Caption: A warrior (perhaps of the disco tech genre) lol

A new piece called “The Werg”:

Caption: Here kitty, kitty.

And one called “Backside”:

Caption: Humanity’s entrance into the technology age.

Thanks for taking a look!

-kurisu :slight_smile:

I had seen the name and heard the whispers but could never figure out what happened to you. It is wonderful to see you back and yes, I am very familiar with your work. Vizerius is one of my favorites!!

thank for stoping By.
i have seen your work before and you do a nice job :+1:

Welcome back, K!!!
I sure remember you, all the way back from the Z-Academy days, and some of your tutorial information helped with my first faltering steps with ZEE…Great to see you back here!
:slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

I’m so happy you’re back–Your work has always been a great inspiration…Just cant get enough of your images --please when possible --send more More MORE !! And if I had any brain for games I’d buy 20 Cuboingo’s-- :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (not Oingo Boingo’s Cuban album )

Welcome aboard, Kurisu! It’ll be nice to see you back in the ZBrush community again. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: If it wasn’t for my start with the ZAcademy forum, I’m not sure where I’d be now.

A great entrance, too.

I’m sure your looking forward to the impending version 1.5 release with the rest of us! :slight_smile:

…'just heard the news that an old master is BACK! 'Nice to see your work again buddy. (You just brought tears to my eyes!)

Many of you may not know this., but Kurisu is one of my mentors even before ZBrush was born. (the other one is Ofer.)

Great to see you back! I believe you’d left right before I joined the ZBrush world, but I remember looking at your work at Renderosity and thinking, “wow!” It’s wonderful to see you around again. And congratulations on the game!

(Come on … noone’s going to say who’s there?)

Welcome back, Kurisu! Actually been thinking about you lately, and one of your last WIPs. It was a multi-armed-and-legged(?) creature, well muscled and apparently using up a bunch of markers. Know which one I mean? You can definately post that one again. Pleasure to see your work. :smiley:

Adman

Kurisu! :smiley: Welcome back to ZBrush! :slight_smile:

Well Hello Sir kurisu,

A blast from the past well remembered.

Since we’re mentioning inspirational images of yours

Sirah

was special for me. When you can recall an image, a name and the artist from the past . . . that person is indeed special. I eagerly await more - thanks for sharing !

jd

ola, kuku! :smiley:

edit: LOVE the WERG! :+1: :+1: :+1:

• juju

It is nice to see you here, jaundel introduced me to you as an old friend, and
I look forward to your sharing your great talent with us newbies.
Welcome back. Those images are fantastic,
what version of Zbrush were those images created with? :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
DeeVee

:slight_smile: :+1:

Hi there Kurisu. Seeing the work of you and the other “old timers” was what attracted me to ZBrush to begin with.
Welcome back and can’t wait to see more…

Great to see you here Kurisu and a fine piece of work you have brought with you. You have inspired a great deal of people with ZB and helped me a lot in the early days. :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Dave

its good to see you back in action kurisu…its been along time… for those of you who dont know this man, he was one of the very first person too help me out with zbrush, back in the day of version 1.13,…do you plan to say around awhile buddy…love the new image…

Hi Kurisu. Sorry, but as a very new member, I have not seen your work previously - but on the present examples that is clearly my loss! Exceptional work - I hope to see lots more of it in the future. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hi Kurisu. I’ve seen some of your work and heard a lot about you. your humanoid is very inspiring and quite an achievment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> any art that induces emotion, whether positive or negative, is useful art <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darksprite - digital art
my renderosity gallery

Wow. What a warm welcome! Thank you for your kind, encouraging and heartfelt comments. Let’s see if I can return some of that positive energy…

Mentat7 - Heard the name and whispers? Last time that happened to me, I got committed! lol The version above of Vizerius was fixed after constructive comments from visitors and ZBrush artists at the ZAcademy and at Renderosity. I like this version much better! :smiley:

ÈZ - Thanks for the welcome! :slight_smile:

Stonecutter - And I remember you! Aww… the once faltering initiate is now a full-fledged Member with an interesting number. Great to zee you too :wink:

robotalk - What can I say? You made me laugh with your first post and I haven’t stopped since. lol …and there are bongo drums in some of the soundtracks of Cuboingo… does that make them Cuban flavored? Or Menthol? :stuck_out_tongue: BTW, Cuboingo makes a very comfortable pillow (if you stuff the case with exactly 47 of them).

WingedOne - Hey you. Thanks for your support - both here, at the ZAcademy, at the Senntient.com Forums - and with Cuboingo :wink: …I’m looking forward to something other than ZBrush version 1.03d, actually :stuck_out_tongue:

The Saint - Buddy, we go way back, and you’re just as much a mentor to me. You’ve inspired many and it’s been great to see your talent progress and get recognized like it should!

aurick - Thank you for your kind words, support and congratulations. That game took a very long time to finally coax past the finish line. There’ll be a story about it at Gamespy pretty soon.

Adman - lol, dingding!* Tell him what he’s won, Johnny! Well, to be honest, I totally forgot about that picture - but dug it up and revised it today (one of the reasons I’m posting so late). Here’s Glawpok:

Muvlo - You have been there all along. Your help and dedication with Cuboingo, as well as your support at the Senntient.com Forums has been very much appreciated, to say the least. Thanks for the welcome my friend :slight_smile:

impending - Hello again to you, Sir impending! That made me zblush. I’m glad you like Sirah. That was a breakthrough for me where I reached a new level with ZBrush. Don’t you just love those new heights with new challenges and new rewards?

juju - Hallo mein Freund. Sie sind äußerst unterstützlich gewesen. Vielen Dank! SLAM DANK! :stuck_out_tongue: lol Glad you like the Werg… maybe he lives in Werg-sailles! :-B

DeeVee - I remember you. Thank you for the welcome and encouragement. I had fun using the secret new version of ZBrush - version 1.03d. HAHAHAA! It’s all I have, and I can’t afford to buy anything. So, ZBrush and Photoshop are still my staple. Well - those and Oatmeal, PB&J’s and Top Ramen :stuck_out_tongue:

Kaz - And thank you for your support at the ZAcademy and with Cuboingo! :smiley:

Tag - Thank you for your welcome. I’m not that old, am I? scratches bald head and looks at his reflection in it …Don’t ask how that is possible :stuck_out_tongue:

DM - I remember you, too - though with a different username… “Masked Man,” wasn’t it? :wink: I’m glad I was some help to you - that makes the efforts worth it!

dr. jjwow - And it’s good to see you back here, too. Just what the dr. jjwow ordered :stuck_out_tongue: I’m glad you like the new image. It just gives me nightmares. ;-B

Flycatcher - Sorry? lol, for what?? Thanks for your kind words and I look forward to catching flies with you on breaks! :smiley:

cneofotistos - Thank you for your encouragement. Your work is outstanding - always sharing an interesting message with an essence all your own :slight_smile:

C you 'round like a circle - I mean - cube - I mean - Cuboingo!

-kurisu