ZBrushCentral

Mursi Tribesman

Hey again everyone, this is my latest work. This guy took me about a month to complete. There are still some things i would like to change but i had to meet a deadline for this and call it done. I used a lot of reference from the Mursi tribe in Ethiopia, i liked the contrast with the tribal scarification, paint and head dress and the AK. I used Zbrush to model his body and retop a few pieces and i used Maya for the gun and hard edge stuff like bracelets and such. I must say im a huge fan of the noise feature in zbrush 3.5. IT really helped on pieces like the earings after i made them in maya to rough them up a bit. I also used Zbrush to transpose his arm and fingers, its jsut so much faster for posing than setting up a rig and weight painting. I did my textures with projection in maya and then touched up pieces in zbrush in the hard to get spots. THen my final renders are done in Mental Ray using IBL and som SSS. Photoshop was used for post effects like grain and depth of field that i grabbed from a depth render, and some color correction. Hope you like it! Crits welcome!!!

ZBC2.jpg

wow!!!

nice renders!!!

5 stars from me!!! really liked the 2nd and 3rd image

Looks pretty sweet Adam. I think that you might want to ease up a bit with all the textures/filters that you applied in photoshop, it takes away from the awesome modeling and texturing that you did on him and possibly desaturate the green arm bracelet, it draws too much attention. But great work!!! :+1:

The model is amazing, I’m not in love with the final photoshopped image tho dawg. 5 stars.

Whoa…:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Totally Awesome
Gorgeous Work
5 STARS
FOR SHURE

Hey Jarad, i took your advice and re-did my lens blur and took out some of that grime clutter, i think it looks better lemme know what you think!

I really like the character. I think you capture a pretty deep facial expression. I also like the variations in the skin folds, wrinkles, ect. Texture and renders are also sweet.

Concerning the illustration, I understand the idea behind the cracked dirt and I think it fits well with the narrative of the image, but I would tone it down a bit. It feels like it is visually competing with the main subject of the image and is distracting, especially where the cracks overlaps the body.

Except that, I think that is a pretty damn solid illustration. Very well done. :smiley:

Beneto, good call. It’s crazy how when you stare at something so long you dont see things like that until someone points it out. I toned it down lemme know what you think. Thanks

I’m really diggin’ the fine skin details on that close up of the head, great job.

Wow…Top Row Stuff… :+1: :slight_smile:

Wow, great as usual!
Top row!:+1:

Awesome. that would make for a really striking large size print.

Again, great job.

This is TOP row. Immaculate. I love it when people like you drop the bomb
like this.

The skin looks like skin The bone looks like bone The beads look like beads The Bracelets look like Bracelets paint looks like paint (and has that thickness to it!!!) Steel looks like steel Wood looks like wood (apart from the grip needs a bit more bump, and a reduced

spec.)

And more importantly the attitude is there and I'm really impressed.

Sweet top row quality work!

great!

Amazing…!!!

Fantastic, no idea what could be critisised on that!!!
Top row

is chest skin is waaaay too bumpy, it dosnt look l;ike that on the sculpt, kinda takes out a lot of realism from the pic;/