Wink The Last Cause :: pre production

VIEW video on Kickstarter

Hey guys,

some of you have probably seen the article of The Last Cause on CGsociety's frontpage, but nevertheless I want to share with you some stuff that was not featured in the article, at least not in close detail.

We've used Zbrush extensively on the pre production. First, to sculpt characters like the mutant you see below, second, for quickly prototyping rough design ideas and concepts On base on that rough prototype sculptures I've modelled the final models using the topology tools.

Below you see a character done in Zbrush.
    It was sculpted within Zbrush by Christian Rüsseler whose day job is 3D character artist at Crytek.

mutantchris.jpg

winged1200.jpg

Here's a compositing break down of the mutant. Rendered within Cinema 4D, using VrayforC4D for the skin and Cinema's build-in renderer for background and the feathered wing on the mutant's back.

Furthermore I've used zbrush to design the bipedal robot and the "Shell-Suit", weared by the mech-pilots.

duo.jpg

gw2.jpg

gw1.jpg

shell0.jpg

shell1.jpg

shell3.jpg

shell2.jpg

Hope you like our stuff Thanks for viewing!

The TLC volunteer pre production team:

Tuan Nguyen Vehicle co-designer and modeller

Timur Mutsaev (day-job: Principal Concept Artist @ Crytek) Concept Artist for characters & props

Christian Rüsseler (day-job: 3D Character Artist @ Crytek) 3D character Artist

Eliott Lilly (day-job: Concept Artist @ id) Mech Designer

Linh Mai design/modeling/shading/comp/art direction
    Last edited by chuckhigreen; 05-11-11 at 12:20 PM.

Glad to see this here I never get tired of looking at these concepts.

Default Fantastic!!!

Is this what happens when you take a bunch of talented people, give them sugary caffeine drinks and lock them in a room together with workstations? ...I'm keeping an eye on this, please keep posting stuff!
    My art blog. Guaranteed retina friendly.*

*Results may vary, consult physician if temporary blindness or vertigo occurs.
    http://urchinator.blogspot.com

ZBrush Thread of Sketchyness

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great work!!

Explendid work! Congratulations to all people envolved on this project, the results are terrific.

Great Stuff! I love the concept art

Great stuff indeed! It hurts my head a little too, so many layers

This is looking really awesome !

I've one (BIG) concern, though. I didn't see anywhere in this thread or in the video, you guys mentioning your sources of influence and wow, they are REALLY obvious... The little leg robot is almost a rip-off from Metal Gear Solid 4, I think that you guys could at least refer to it. Actually, I can see a really big influence (almost a copy sometimes) in almost all the design. From Tron, to MGS, Deus Ex, etc.

I love the quality of the work, but I still can't understand how people can post something like this on a CG forum and not mentioning anything...

Feng zhu did an awesome video not so long ago where he talks about the difference between Inspiration and Reference. You guys should watch it ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL#p/u/5/MDuayEzH8c4
    Last edited by Renaud Galand; 05-11-11 at 10:48 PM.
    Lead Character Artist @ Blizzard Entertainment | www.deadlytoys-studio.com | Facebook

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

That´s looking really impressive. Awesome stuff...Congrats to everyone who are in this project. Phenomenal work!

wow - thx for showin the comps - Monster looks wicked

New Member Follow User Gallery

wow
    ***3626;***3640;***3604;***3618;***3629;***3604;

New Member Follow User Gallery

I absolutely love this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

nice that was really inspiring !
    SANKET GUPTA
    Sankraman Productions
    http://sankramanproductions.com/index.html

Simply put... amazing! A-mazing! How long will you be accepting donations? I'm a broke college student but hopefully will have a job soon and would like to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaud Galand
    This is looking really awesome !

I've one (BIG) concern, though. I didn't see anywhere in this thread or in the video, you guys mentioning your sources of influence and wow, they are REALLY obvious... The little leg robot is almost a rip-off from Metal Gear Solid 4, I think that you guys could at least refer to it. Actually, I can see a really big influence (almost a copy sometimes) in almost all the design. From Tron, to MGS, Deus Ex, etc.

I love the quality of the work, but I still can't understand how people can post something like this on a CG forum and not mentioning anything...

Feng zhu did an awesome video not so long ago where he talks about the difference between Inspiration and Reference. You guys should watch it ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL#p/u/5/MDuayEzH8c4
    Well actually the mech designs have their real life inspiration shown in this video. This is also probably were Metal Gear got inspiration for these legs and this is the video I thought of once I saw the biped turret.

The quadrapped is called "the mule". Look it up on youtube

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast