ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook_2011 and other.

Good morning all brushers,
That made a long time that I had not posted anything, I decided to make a sketchbook and other thing for this year. Hope you like it and happy ZBrush !!

1/
A bust after having seen the exposure of Franz Xaver Messerschmidt at Paris (Louvre).

2/
A Minotaur, it’s a WIP, need more armor and fine detail on body.

Any c and c are welcome.

Emmanuel.
mino_close_up.jpg

Attachments

buste01.jpg

Second sculpt bust and playing with material and brut render on ZBrush4. Great quality on ZBrush 4 with the DOF. I work without symmetry for more realism on the expression.

Hope you like it !

Emmanuel

buste02.jpg

Attachments

buste02FP.jpg

nice job! I hope see the big robot soon :wink:

Quick sculpt and hand polypaint. (+/-2H00)
Maybe i’ll start body if i have time to do and idea for concept.

Any critics and comments are welcome.

Emmanuel.

PS :
Inspired by Abe (Hellboy).

[attach=251239]fish_01.jpg[/attach] step_fish.jpg

Attachments

fish_01.jpg

Thank you fanatique, :wink:

For the big robot is in material construction but ushhhh… it’s a secret. :smiley:

In this shot, more painting on the FishMan and adding some other detail. More soon.

Hope you like it.

Emmanuel.
fishman02.jpg

Rendering test with SSS and Maya/MR without compositing. After i add some elements like glasses,pipe, gill, etc…

Emmanuel.
Aquaman03.jpg

Okay…

This is the evolution of fishman, decided to build some detail, glasses need more definition on ZBrush like scratches etc. I’ll post later an evolution of the head like gill and prolongation of nostril like a fine tentacle. What did you think about it ? More robotic detail and clothing soon.
C and C always welcome.

Emmanuel.
aquaman_4.jpg

No replies ? Well i’ll continue.

Some props for the minotaur and close up without blur to see detail.

Emmanuel.
mino_03.jpg

Attachments

mino_02.jpg

Nice evolution for the fishman, great idea the goggle!! I think could be more intresting with more details on gills.

Minotaur,may be more objects with him ill be better to feel him alive.

some ref :

http://underthemountain.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/archon-of-faathi.jpg

(clogs):

http://www.jackgames.fr/images/catalogue/3661116061322_040d3c495ae19d87719e55d664f5de873.jpg

http://www.josephwu.com/dnd/minibase/confrontation/barbarians/color/bacr0101.jpg

great work Emmanuel!

sorry i didn’t see the loincloth XD and could you post a front picture with foot please

Oooh, brutal looking. I like this ALOT!!:+1:

@Dragon :
Thank you for feedback Dragon ! It’s what i wan’t to achieve with minotaur >>>
Brutal look ! :smiley:
Happy you like it and hope you like the following !

@ fanatique :
Thank you fanatique for the reference and for comments. I’ll post a face/side view of Minotaur. Need a lot of work but i need to combine part and retopo some part because i have too many subtool and for pose it’s not so easy with many small part like nail for exemple.

Here it is !

Cheers,
Emmanuel.

face_side_mino.jpg

I have modify many parts for finally make him in pose and i work in composition.
It’s a WIP but that shows you state advance. The first screen is flat shaded and the second is with occlusion and shadow with depth of field full ZBrush. Hope you like it.
Please, leave a comment.
Emmanuel

flat_c.jpg

Attachments

render_c.jpg

Really like the pose of the minotaur. Definitely gives him life. Also like the size difference with him and the people crawling on him. Only suggestion is possibly making him interact with the human figures a bit more, with possibly his head angle.

yeah nice posing!!!

if u reduce stone’s height, the minotor feel more big.
may be interesting and funky if a man drive the nose of this minotor.
good job Emmanuel :smiley:

Thank you for all comments.

I agree with you noso i’ll try this !!
Hey fanatique you read in my brain. :wink: Thank you for feedback guys.

Here some changes on minotaur composition. I have making improvement on blue human like cloth and other and a man fixed on his nose and for finish a nacelle on in for a futur drive man. :wink: I think that I will put side this scene to return later because too much time on this scene. I’ll post a new character in construction, it’s a mix on human woman and meka part inspiring by massai warrior. Hope you like it. Comments is always welcome.

Emmanuel.

mino_6.jpg

Attachments

mino_6D.jpg

massai_meka.jpg

Sorry for late feedback !

Here is the evolution of “Meka-Massaï” need more works on cloth sculpt but i’ll show you nevertheless. :stuck_out_tongue:
I have modify the proportions of the head (more small for more normal anatomy) and i have adding legs and some strips (thank you Ryan Kingsley for the tips). To finish I could resist to make a test of color in ZBrush.

Hope you like it.

Emmanuel

massai_mod.jpg

Attachments

massai_colo01.jpg

Lookin awesome man! I really like the concept of a mech-massai :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing I find to crit are the hands. I would put some more work into them and add a “slight” pose to make them seem more alive (just bend the fingers a little, like holding a big ball)

Other than that this is top notch :slight_smile:

can´t wait to see it finished!

/Jonas

one posing one posing one posing!!!

realy nice work, the head is better and same crit about hands :wink:

@Energise :
Thank you Jonas and i agree with you for the hand and i work on it, still thank you for comments and critics too. :wink:

@fanatique :
Thank you fanatique and here the first posing.
:smiley:

Need more work on the hand and pose too maybe, anyway this is the evolution for the sculpt. Later i’ll post another angle and color work.

Hope you like it Brushers, comments and critics is always welcome !

Emmanuel.
[attach=256066]massai_render_sculpt.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

massai_render_sculpt.jpg