ZBrushCentral

ZLauncher ZScript (RevA) - One-Click-Access to favorite ZScripts...+SourceCode Added

ZLauncher ZScript allows you to store your favorite ZScripts in easily accessible
iconized list which may contain up to 100 ZScripts.

ZLauncher features…
:small_blue_diamond: Easy to configure and use. Clicking on an icon to assign or launch a ZScript.
:small_blue_diamond: Icons may be added, removed or modified at any time.
:small_blue_diamond: Utilizes the full width of the ZScript window.
:small_blue_diamond: Adjustable icon size.

After loading this ZScript in ZBrush, press the ZLauncher icon to learn about its functionality.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Click here to download the ZLauncherRevA ZScript :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:
The zip file contains two files that should be placed within your ZScript folder.
Note: The ZLauncherRevA.zsc <font color=#ffa000>should not</font> be renamed. Renaming this file will
not allow the ZScript to function properly.

:small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond:AUTOMATIC LOADING OF ZLAUNCHER ZSCRIPT
The ZLauncher is most effective when it is used as the default startup ZScript.
In order for the ZLauncher to be used as your default startup ZScript, you need to
rename the included “AutoZLauncherRevA.txt” file to “DefaultZScript.txt”. If this
step executed properly, ZLauncher will automatically be loaded whenever ZBrush
is launched.

Have fun ZLaunching :slight_smile:
-Pixolator

:small_orange_diamond:About startup ZScripts: There are several more variations of DefaultZScript.txt which
have been created and posted by ZBC members (the most recent ZScript posted by cameyo).
These ZScripts offer alternative startup ZScripts with variety of features which you may want
to explore in your search for the perfect-fit startup script :slight_smile:

Hello, (2)
Please, Can you send the source file to me in txt so that I can translate it. If there is a problem, thank you for to see with Jaime!

Vincent (french translator)
sajous.v@wanadoo.fr

if it is possible i would like to translate it too… for the german zbrush-website!

Thanks a lot!

bm

Tnx a lot Pixolator!!! :smiley: :+1: :+1:

This is fantastic! I just loaded it and it works great :+1: Some of my scripts load with question marks for icons though. Can you describe a simple way to make images for icons? Thanks.

Cool Beans!

Yes, please, how do we make icons?

ah! psd file with the same name as the zscript. I made one at 60x60 seems to look ok

Thanks again!

Edit -> I take that back, I was able to create one icon by utilizing the same name as the script that it called but I tried the same thing on a different script and I was not successful. Help! :slight_smile:

This is pretty handy. Thanks.
Just a question regarding the texture thumbnails script. From what I can gather this script only allows you to alter the size of the thumbnails. It doesn’t facilitate adding new textures to the palet, is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks

When a ZLauncher button is shown as question-mark it indicates that assigned ZScript does not have an icon.

You may use one of the following methods when creating a ZScript icon…

1. Any image can be used as an icon for a ZScript, simply resize the image to 96x96 and save it in PSD format. The icon should have the same name as the associated ZScript with .PSD extension.

2. If the ZScript is a recorded-ZScript which draws in the canvas, you may ‘run’ the script and when it is done, grab the canvas image into the TEXTURE palette, resize the texture and export it as the ZScript icon .

3. Start a new ZBrush document with size of 384x384 pixols. Use ZBrush tools to draw your icon.
    When done, bake the document and press the document :small_orange_diamond:half button twice in order to reduce the canvas size to 96x96. Export the document as a ZScript icon .

If you have added an icon for a ZScript that was created by you and the ZScript is available to download in ZBrushCentral, please upload the new icon (in this thread and/or in the ZScript’s original thread) to allow other members to make use of it.
-Pixolator

Ah now, this is handy!

Looks very useful. :slight_smile:
…downloading… :smiley:

Been looking forward to this baby. Thanks Pix. :+1: :slight_smile: :+1:

A very tastey and welcome addition indeed - will there be such a sweety for alphas also?

I can certainly make use of this . Thanks Pix.

For those of you who asked (or are thinking about) scripts to handle Alphas and other items:

:small_orange_diamond: ZList lets you store Materials, Alphas, Textures and Tools.
:small_orange_diamond: MaterialPack contains 100 materials.
:small_orange_diamond: MaterialList lets you store 100 custom materials. Southern provides a FleshPack.
:small_orange_diamond: Alpha Manager is an organizer by Southern, which also comes with a bunch of Alphas for various purposes.

I have run all of these scripts with version 1.55b without incident, and they are all loaded into my ZLauncher (which is my default ZScript thanks to the instructions by Pixolator).

Still more utilities and other scripts are available in the ZScripts section of the QuickLinks. Not all of them will run with version 1.55b, but I think you’ll find enough to keep you very happy.

Have fun!

er, having a bit of a problem getting this to auto load on start up. I have both files in the zscripts folder, renamed the autolauncher.txt file to DefaultZscript.txt. When i start up it still defaults to the original “What New Etc.” screen…Do i need to delete something?..Zbrush currently resides at the default location as well. C:\Zbrush_1.55B. Other than that, when I load it from the zscript tool bar it works great. Wish this was an icon on the tool bar.
D.T.

WONDERFUL !!!
Thank You Pixolator…

Only a small :slight_smile: request…Can you show the .txt ?? :wink:

Thank again.

cameyo

davidT, Verify that the file name is “DefaultZScript.txt” and it is located in the root of the “ZScripts” folder. You may also need to redownload the ZScript.

Excellent idea, Great script,
Thanks Pix!!!
Michael

Aurick, I can’t use the Material List you made for Stained Glass, however I can use Southern’s Flesh (to the unitiated, that does sound so strange…). The only diff I can ascertain is that Southern’s Panel says “rev a” while the stained glass says “rev b”

I copied both material lists the exact same way, twice even. Same results. No matter what tool I have chosen, no matter what material I have selected, none of the seven materials in the glass list works. Doensn’t change the color or anything else. The catalogue button produces a wonderful solid black document with nothing in it.

Is there a step I’m missing, or is this a lost cause?

mr

Awesome script!!
Thank you for sharing, Pixolator.

I have a question as usual… :smiley:

I’d like to use image buttons in my script.
(Brush stocker)
It would be very grateful, if you’ll show me the way.

Thanks

kaz-g