ZBrushCentral

AlphaCentury, a Terrain Creation Tutorial

Hi :slight_smile:
This tutorial demonstrates a method in which a terrain 3D object is created by the use of 2.5D brush strokes and 3D alpha based deformations.

Above is the image that is generated by the script. The described method is quite easy to follow and it is very fast. The ZScript execution time is between one to two minutes (depending on your system speed). With this method, a terrain such as the one above can be created in an extremely short time. This method can also be used when creating a colorful terrain.

:large_orange_diamond: Click here to download the AlphaCentury ZScript :large_orange_diamond:

After extracting the included files, place these files within your ZScript folder and open the AlphaCentury.txt zscript from within ZBrush.

I hope that you?ll find this tutorial helpful :slight_smile:
If you try this tutorial, please post your images and/or findings,
-Pixolator

Previously published ZScript :small_orange_diamond:RustedGoldenIdol
Newer published ZScript :small_orange_diamond:TextureMaster

Man, nothing like being handed the Holy Grail. :slight_smile: I just finished running the script, and am in total awe. The technique is amazing, and has the potential to solve a lot of problems. Not only that, but it gave me some really cool ideas.

In addition, I can’t wait now to pick apart the script text, to see how the thing was actually written. So much easier to use than the version of having to scroll through the text at the bottom. Which reminds me: Is there a list somewhere of the ZScript names for each window, palette, tool and modifier? Such a thing would be a HUGE help for writing tutorials.

Thank you for the awesome lesson!

Running out of superlatives, fast!

As they say: I’m blone away :wink:

Extra deluxe five stars!!!

Awesome. Simply awesome!

Thanks, Pix!

Many thanks Pixolator again a real eye opener into the possibilities and potential of Z-Brush.

The Flooze :+1:

a fantastiwonderful script, Pixolator! :smiley: + :+1: :+1: :+1: muchas gracias!

below is the result of my first attempt… started as a red planet, but i could not stop at the right time, spoiled it and decided to give aurick’s :+1: vegetationtut a try, too, to cover some of the flaws… and again used Digits interpolate-script with Atom-Art’s beuatiful seagull-tool. the bad fog-settings are mine :smiley:

thank you, guys… i hope you like it

• juandel

I can’t wait to get home and try my hand at this. Juandel your mistakes come out like wonderful music to me.

:grimacing: :grimacing: Awesome turorial :+1: :+1: :+1:
Juandel your picture is wonderful :+1: :+1: :+1:

Juandel, the fog effect is great. If you’d put some Chinese characters in there, it would look just like oriental art. Beautiful work!

Juandel your picture is just gorgeous!

Wow. :+1: :+1:

Okay, ran through the tutorial Zscript.

Then I threw out Bryce. :+1:

Great tutorial, Pix! :smiley:
I ran it, and immediately produced a terrain in a fraction of the time it took with Bryce, and with a lot more control. :cool:
(I threw out Bryce a couple of weeks ago…)
Wonderful info!!!

the dr. says this tut. is very bad for peoples health be it makes them addicted even more, greatest tutorial ive seen yet. thanks pixolator, keep them coming please

thats oh so true, doctor! terraining © pixolatorway has it’s misadvantages… a tsunami of ZADDiction runs around the planet right while i’m typing this… probably there have been more landscapes created within the last few hours than within the last few aeons.

i confess: i’ve had my share… here is a quick architectonical using the pixolator-terrain-method ® with simplebrush set to square-alphas at different draw-sizes and setting the perspective dist in the drawpalette to 0 when having the 3d-plane in transform-mode.

hope you’ll like it (and thanks for compliments… can’t wait to see your vistas, ZBs!) :smiley:

• juandel

:eek: I can’t do much more than make incoherent oohs and ahs right now, but wow! :slight_smile: That is so cool. I’ve never used a landscape generater like Bryce or Vue, though I have used terragen, but nothing I’ve seen can compare to the control and depth you showed us in that script! ZBrush is brilliant! :slight_smile:
:eek:

Here’s my experiment with the Terrain Tutorial.

Okay I really am going to make a terrain, but this technique is cool for other things as well, such as this Intergalactic Waffle Iron re-entering the atmosphere of Mars. By the time the humans arrive there should be plenty of IHOPS for those saturday morning breakfasts.

All these images are great so far! I admit I am hooked! You gotta try it :slight_smile:

As you can see this isn’t the Moon over Miami

Great images everyone! :slight_smile:
:slight_smile: