ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #11 The Birds :))

Yes folks it is that time of the week again. We were limited on the number of members last night in the irc chat room. ( #zbrush3 ). But we rehashed the past weeks ideas and it was voted on. So the topic for this week’s challenge will be Birds. What a fowl subject :slight_smile: So get to flapping and join in the fun. Sorry to all that this post is late this week. :o :o :o :o :o

This was a tough challenge to do, I didn’t have much luck with 3d modelling so tried doing a 2d paint instead.

This thread was almost forgotten so it deserves a nice reminder for our Monday night challenges. :slight_smile:

My contribution is called Thunderbirds. They are done in a modified traditional Ojibway style. The colours black, red, yellow and white are traditional colours for the Thunderbird.

Birds were fashioned from Zshperes and textured in texturemaster. The sun is the black sun which is often seen in conjunction with Thunderbird paintings. It was made from an alpha, skinned and textured in texturemaster as well. The gradient behind the sun was created using gradientmaker.

100% Zbrush!

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1044510629nin.jpg[/img]

[gallery entry]

:)

[Gallery Entry]
A rare species specimen :smiley:
Pilou :cool:

Very impressive (très jolie)
Bravo
Bye
Leo

Do Pigeons Swim?

lol…well birds are harder than you would think…snicker…at least for me :slight_smile: but its all about fun…and what better way than to spend a Saturday night zbrushing …lol its for the birds :))))))) My first 1.55b bird action

[Gallery Entry]

I was hesitant to post this but figured what the heck. This is a Frigate Bird model I have been working on for Joe (DeeVee). The orginal model is very low poly but this one has been upped to around 20k polys. The background is a Vue image I did a while back…I simply imported it and used it as a backdrop for the bird. The bird was created from an adaptive skin and textured using TextureMaster. Postwork was done in ZBrush.

Really good entries.

Mine here is pretty sad, but I’m still relearning everything, plus new stuff.

You’re right Ron, birds are hard. I think we should do bowls or plates next time ~L~ marbles maybe… yeah maybe I could do a plain red marble. ~G~

I wasn’t going to post this one since I already have an entry but, since there seems to be room here goes:

This is the elusive rainbow bird. Sort of a cousin to the humming bird but much harder to see due to being somewhat translucent.

Another zspheres creation, coloured using texturmaster.

[gallery entry]

great entrys. like that last one, nice transparency effect! and vue is a really good program for the backdrop, i have looked at your other one and both are very impressive

Just a note to those who will be in the discussion tomorrow (monday) - I will try to make it but I am scheduled for another eye surgery on Tuesday, so I may not be able to. But I have an idea if someone wouldn’t mind presenting it if I don’t make it to the chat. My idea is waterfalls, any kind of waterfalls as long as the whole project is done in ZBrush. Thanks!

And thanks for the encouraging comments on my work!

BTW, birds are hard, but fun especially with the new zspheres and attractor spheres. And I would like to say that I think all the entries here are terrific, well done folks!

Donna AKA Northstarr. :slight_smile:

This is a WIP which I hope to be able to develop further at a future date.
[Gallery Entry]

I hope steel birds also count, Ron!

I lurve the feature that lets you modify while still in Zif mode! Here’s a quick prehistoric birdie. :)Alas the selection tools in Zed aren’t up to Photoshops so I used that a bit too.

[gallery entry]