ZBrushCentral

Radeus' works

Hey everyone. First time poster, but I’ve worked briefly with ZBrush as a game artist to generate normal maps and such, so my experience with ZBrush in its full potential is quite limited. I intend on changing this by mustering up the guts to post and so I hope you all enjoy my works as I work on my portfolio and improving my skills, thanks to this amazing app! As always, I welcome any constructive critiques and comments.

Thanks!

DT_SteampunkGirlBust_Final_960x720.jpg

Attachments

DT_SteampunkGirlBust_Rotation_1280x720.jpg

DT_SteampunkGirlBust_Sculpt_1280x720.jpg

It kind of helps if you upload your images. :slight_smile:

Here’s a tutorial: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=94904

haha, apologies for the lack of images. I knew the mistake as soon as I clicked the Submit button, and for a while I couldn’t even go back and edit my post. Anyways, i went back and fixed that. For some reason, I don’t see my post replies immediately, or at all…

I made this sculpt and polypaint a while ago, but wanted to do more with it like posing. I eventually did it, but had to convert to low-poly to do so since I wasn’t fully aware of how do a lot of things in ZBrush yet.

DT_Spider-Man_ZBrush_960x720.jpg

Awesome model dude!
Only thing I’d say is maybe pinch the cracks on the one lens a bit, they look too ‘mooshy’

Great colours, cool design!

Did you render with ZBrush or bring it into another 3d app?

Thanks, boylie. I had issues when I was detailing the lens and crack and either destroyed the surface of the lens overall, or lost the cracks and chips. I’ll try harder next time :slight_smile:

As for the render, yes, it was fully modeled, polypainted and rendered using ZBrush, though I Multiplied the Alpha in Photoshop to give it a bit more depth against the background.

Made a new Templar Knight character, though not fully taken from real designs… I took a few liberties here and there for armor and such, sometimes subconsciously :stuck_out_tongue: I intend to make a low-poly in-game char from the sculpts. Hope you all like. C&C are always welcomed.

DT_TemplarKnight_Sculpt_Final_1280x720.jpg

Attachments

DT_TemplarKnight_SculptRotation_1280x720.jpg

DT_TemplarKnight_Weapons_960x720.jpg

Radeus these are awesome Sculpts :smiley:

I particularly like the templar knight.

good job on male hair,but i think face proportion need more attention,keep it up :+1:

Thanks everyone, much appreciated :slight_smile:

@3mm: i see your point. i spent a lot of time on the hairs that i think i may have lost some focus on the face. lesson learned, i’ll pay more attention to it for the next project. thanks again!

I took some time to quickly whip out this bust of a smiling girl. I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on it since I also wanted to take this chance to learn a bit more on render passes as well as practice some forms and sculpting in general. Hope you all enjoy.

My latest exercise in hard surface sculpting and using some of the newer techniques like shadowboxing and re-meshing in-depth. Here is my version of the FN P90 sub-machine gun. I hope you all like it. C&C, as always, is welcome.

DT_FNP90_Final1_1280x720.jpg

Attachments

DT_FNP90_Final2_1280x720.jpg

P90 looks great! Was it all shadowboxing or some basemeshes from other apps too? I bet that would look great as a game-res asset too, good job.

Thanks, Davee. For this project I kept it 100% within ZBrush, so yes, I started most of my meshes using Shadowboxing techniques and Re-Meshing after getting some of the more fundamental base shapes and forms. The sights along the top were the most complicated by far, so I had to carefully clip out some shapes, then Relax them to regain the topology, and clip/sculpt into it some more until I got the shapes I was looking for. It took quite a bit of processing power on my PC’s part after a while. I approached the loop that the magazine fits through a bit differently since I made the mistake of not defining the proper shape in the shadowbox, but thankfully the retopology tools and Re-Projecting helped save that portion, and in fact, helped make it even cleaner than I originally started with :slight_smile:

Thanks for the insight into your workflow on this, I’m definitely going to play around more with ZB’s hard surface tools after seeing your wonderful results on the P90.

Hey all. Here are some renders for the M41A Pulse Rifle (of Aliens fame) I made in ZBrush. Just wanted to practice some more with the hard-surface sculpting techniques from my previous weapon post. The M41A is one of my favorite movie-prop weapons so it was pretty fun to research and model. I hope I nailed all, if not most, of its key features. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Attachments

DT_M41A_Final1_1280x720.jpg

DT_M41A_Final2_1280x720.jpg

These gun models are awesome dude! I’ll have to read up soon on how to do hard surface stuff like that. Great work!

it’s been ages since my last posts and updates. i’ve been busy with work and moving countries and stuff, so here’s a few renders of works since then:

Iron Man bust fan-art replica (i want this model on my desk, but sculpted one instead -_-).
DT_IronManMarkII_Bust_1024x576.jpg

old man head study with production workflow from hi-res detail sculpt to low-res model and textures.
DT_OMB_Color_Final_1024x576.jpg
DT_OMB_Detail_Final_1024x576.jpg
DT_OMB_Textured_1024x576.jpg
DT_OMB_Wireframe_1024x576.jpg