ZBrushCentral

Voyager

ZBrush except for signage and signature.
I actually postworked in ZBrush… :wink:

As alwais good work!! I like b/w and light effect!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Fantastic character modelling! :+1: :+1: :smiley:

Very different and interesting image, the lighting effect works well. :+1: :+1: :+1:
Dave

This is very cool Kathy! I love the b&w. Reminds me of Phantasm for some reason. :+1: :+1: :+1:

wow, this is great!! Really well done!

Yep ! this one is OUTSTANDING :+1: :+1: A sensational creation :+1: :smiley:

Very cool, Kathy, and a very unique piece. I’d love to hear the story in this one – it looks like it must be interesting. Incidentally, when I saw this in the thumbnails, I thought that it was a LightWave or Maya render. What a surprise to open the thread and see that it was all Z!

All of you are so generous in words and consideration. THANKS!

And aurick, yes there is a story! :wink:

I am currently reading 3 books:

“Barlowe’s Guide to Fantasy”

“Maxfield Parrish and the Illustrators of the Golden Age”

and “The Art of Illustration”

I realized that I had lost my way within ZBrush. It’s ease and “funfactor” caused me to forget the basics I learned in art, illustration, and design.

I’m particularly enamored with the pen and ink illustrations between 1890-1930. They are so powerful. They do not waste a stroke of the pen. Every line has a purpose and and intent. There also seems to be an innocence to them. They represent (to me) a society not jaded by it’s own intellect.

And so, as I travel through these previously visited but forgotten thoughts… :wink:

The lighting on this was a grand success to me. It drove me crazy for about an hour. Everytime I gained in one area I lost in another.

I tried 5 different materials and settled on “darkedge2” mat with Ambient10/diffuse60.

THEN I set 5 lights: 3 suns, 2 glows.

I set the glows to mimic and expand the glow material brightness in the lamp material “coloredglow” mat

Postwork consisted of defining dark shaded areas, bringing up a bit of the light on the character’s face, buttons, hand, and belly.

a bit of smudge across the whitest edges for softening.

And of course the text in photoshop.

I’m saving this file particularly. I want to render in 1.5 and see what happens.

kathy your amazing…the things you can do with zbrush are awesome…im so glad to here that you did all your post work in zb…this makes me cry…lol…

Nice to see you trying so many new things, Sister Kat, and since you created so much emotion in at least one member, whose motto defines emotion as art, you have been very successful in your project… :wink:
This has a 1950’s Shadow Magazine cover feel to it, and the monochrome is perfecto for the genre feel…!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Kat, I am not a modeler but I can recognize good work when I see it.
This is an Outstanding image ! Masterly created. Congratulations.

DeeVee

This is a very well modeled image. Talent is sometimes hidden (as mentioned to me by a good friend that lives on a boat) as we indulge the computer at creating. You obviously put some nice work into a well thought labor of love. You also went back to your roots of art and the love of art in the creation of this piece. It has a subtle feel to it caused by the lighting and your choice of materials and color. All of those elements appear to work well together from my standpoint. Our good ole cajun cookin buddy Justin Wilson used to say something about a fine wine…and I am paraphrasing…but the jist is that just because something is fancy, and expensive doesnt make it good…Good is a matter of perspective and taste…and that is done on a personal level. Sometimes the simpliest things bring us the most joy…and sometimes a not so flashy wine tastes a helluva lot better than an expensive wine…I prefer an Arkansas Post White Port as opposed to a dry nasty European whine…I like the fruityness…and I think your wonderful piece here has enough fruityness for the FS to love it. And if I love it, then it’s good enough for me…and Me is all the approval I need. Great work Kat girl :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I agree completely with Ron (although I rather tend to nasty European wines), computer is just a tool, an expensive paper/pencil thing. And a tool never ever made a craftsman.

Amazing picture, Kathy. :+1: I am looking forward the 1.5 version of your picture… :+1:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

He looks great Kathy! I like the detail on the clothing and the black and white adds to the mysterious atmosphere

Fantastic Kathy. I think “C” said it best :slight_smile: