User Gallery

Default Working on some ploy painting

C&C are always welcome thanx!

Hero ploy paint 1.jpg

User Gallery

Default Some more

Hero ploy paint 2.jpg
    Last edited by jaime; 05-13-11 at 05:42 PM.

User Gallery

Hero ploy paint 3.jpg

User Gallery

Default Still working on this Guy

I am currently working through to some hard surface ideas. And Tips on hard surfaces would be great. I also have the Eat3d training on hard surface .

Alien Armored.jpg

All Xposed.jpg

User Gallery

Default Feed back

I guess feed back is hard to get these days lol. I will have my next post up soon. A lot more to come for 2011.
    Last edited by muchlove106; 05-27-11 at 11:50 AM.

User Gallery

Default Something quick lol

I wanted to do a quick head from a zsphere so here it is. LOL Still working on it. This will be my weekend thing.

Slim 1.jpg

Senior Member User Gallery

feedback is hard to get in these days because the standard has been a lot higher since the old days.. Your work will need to be at certain quality before you can get back some useful feedback because people had been saying the same thing to other people for quite a few years before they see your post... at least that's what i think.

as for your works, the first thing that jumps out is the anatomy is off for both the body and face. They are off by much, but you can do a lot better if you can spend time to focus on one part of the body at one time and refine it. The eyes area should be the first thing you focus on. All your works shares one single problem, and it's that you don't seem to complete understand what forms the shape of the eyes and how does the eye brow is relate to the eyes.

do you have a good understnad on how the eye lid is form? How does the zygomatic bone connect to the eye brows that would surround the eye sockets? what about the frontal process of maxilla that forms a unique plane around the month?

did your works completely missing those components i 'd mention? No. In fact your works shows you know these part of the anatomy exists.... but you don't have a firm grip on understand how they are form. This is the same for your body anatomy...

Here is what i can suggest to improve yourself:

1. keep doing what you are doing and don't stop.

2. for a cheap and free way, look and study as much reference as you can. Buy tutorial books if you need to. Look for tutorials from artist such as Scott Spencer or Ryan Kingslien.

3. for a bit more expensive way, Ryan Kingslien's zbrushworkshop.com offers a great guidance on learning zbrush and 3d sculpting, from how zbrush is function to breaking down human anatomy bit by bits... Gnomon workshop is a great source for advance studying after you understand how zbrush is function.

dont get discourage by the lack of response in zbc...it happens to everybody.. In the mean time dont stop if you are serious about 3d sculpting, and it will pay off eventually.

o ya... check out Ryan's youtube video if you want motivation~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuitbYWHF90
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/carson.yuen

User Gallery

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy
    feedback is hard to get in these days because the standard has been a lot higher since the old days.. Your work will need to be at certain quality before you can get back some useful feedback because people had been saying the same thing to other people for quite a few years before they see your post... at least that's what i think.

as for your works, the first thing that jumps out is the anatomy is off for both the body and face. They are off by much, but you can do a lot better if you can spend time to focus on one part of the body at one time and refine it. The eyes area should be the first thing you focus on. All your works shares one single problem, and it's that you don't seem to complete understand what forms the shape of the eyes and how does the eye brow is relate to the eyes.

do you have a good understnad on how the eye lid is form? How does the zygomatic bone connect to the eye brows that would surround the eye sockets? what about the frontal process of maxilla that forms a unique plane around the month?

did your works completely missing those components i 'd mention? No. In fact your works shows you know these part of the anatomy exists.... but you don't have a firm grip on understand how they are form. This is the same for your body anatomy...

Here is what i can suggest to improve yourself:

1. keep doing what you are doing and don't stop.

2. for a cheap and free way, look and study as much reference as you can. Buy tutorial books if you need to. Look for tutorials from artist such as Scott Spencer or Ryan Kingslien.

3. for a bit more expensive way, Ryan Kingslien's zbrushworkshop.com offers a great guidance on learning zbrush and 3d sculpting, from how zbrush is function to breaking down human anatomy bit by bits... Gnomon workshop is a great source for advance studying after you understand how zbrush is function.

dont get discourage by the lack of response in zbc...it happens to everybody.. In the mean time dont stop if you are serious about 3d sculpting, and it will pay off eventually.

o ya... check out Ryan's youtube video if you want motivation~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuitbYWHF90
    That you Piggy. I am going to go back to the lap and work on this guy some more. Check back later to see how I am doing. The eye area is the hardest for me. I need to work my self out of it. I am going to look some things up to help. It's time I stop running from it lol. Thank you again!
    Last edited by muchlove106; 05-29-11 at 06:11 AM.

User Gallery

Default Still working the eye

Slim eye update.jpg

User Gallery

Default Latest Update on this guy

Alien Armor update.jpg

User Gallery

Default A little every day

Elf.jpg

elf2.jpg
    ]

Senior Member User Gallery

keep it up~ you are improving.

found this video today, it should help you with sculpting the mouth area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSW6A...el_video_title

make sure to check out the other videos in that channel. They should be very helpful for your progress.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/carson.yuen

User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy
    keep it up~ you are improving.

found this video today, it should help you with sculpting the mouth area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSW6A...el_video_title

make sure to check out the other videos in that channel. They should be very helpful for your progress.

Thank you again Piggy. I will upload a new file with some creations. I love the feed back.

User Gallery

Default Here is another update Thank you Piggy!!

Elf3.jpg

User Gallery

Default working on coming back

I have been going through some life changes and i have not modeled in months. wish me luck on my road to recovery:-) .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast