Fun sketch I did today - a lively little cosmic Venus, basic geometry. Paint - subject to change.

Family of spores.

Last edited by maciej; 10-23-12 at 10:55 AM.

First renders of Magicus - my newest puppet, animation/ physics asset. Also my 3D alter ego.

Senior Member User Gallery

With a slightly more rounded nose, he reminds me of a character that could fit in pretty well with a Wallace and Gromit animation.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkFuMaster View Post
    With a slightly more rounded nose, he reminds me of a character that could fit in pretty well with a Wallace and Gromit animation.
    Cheers! I'm totally in love with Wallace and Gromit. I wanted to study at UWE but I couldn't get a seat, I was hoping I could meet the W&G creators. I grew up watching Smurfs too, the 2D, original ones are it. Rounded nose - I was planning on it between and the version that will appear on final - higher res - renders will have it. At the moment I'm working with low poly, blocky asset.

Last edited by maciej; 10-31-12 at 03:35 PM.

Here's Magicus again - rigged, skinned and pose animated.

Last edited by maciej; 11-01-12 at 04:21 PM.

Here's more or less what I was trying to achieve - with a nice Smurfy feel to it and Irish bagpipes in the background.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magicus07D_x.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	438.1 KB 
ID:	330912  

Here's another key pose.

Here's another one - first take on knight. Parts were modelled in Sculptris and Zbrush, and given additional crisp with retopology.

Last edited by maciej; 11-07-12 at 10:33 AM.

Senior Member User Gallery

Your stuff is always unique an a bit different.
    Good you post your new work.

I like them!
    Rigged with CAT?

Thanks a lot - I think I'm going in the right direction since hardware-wise I'm on the low at the moment (naughty leprechaun ran over my computer). No, I don't use CAT or pre-fabs - all of my rigs are unique (it maybe a simple wizard but not as simple from the perspective of a TD).
    Last edited by maciej; 11-08-12 at 07:55 AM.

The Knight - first key pose and TD shot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magicus_comp06_1400.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	331676  

New Member User Gallery

Amazing work
    It's all done in sculptris and zbrush or you use something more ?

@edit And do you use base meshes or you just making it from scratches ?
    Last edited by lukiszlak; 11-10-12 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukiszlak View Post
    Amazing work
    It's all done in sculptris and zbrush or you use something more ?

@edit And do you use base meshes or you just making it from scratches ?
    Thanks, Sculptris and ZBrush are not standalone tools unfortunately so animate-able ones normally end up in Max or Maya (that's why crispy edges on the knight / wizard: Sculptris, Zbrush, Topogun, Max/Maya - mesh smooth; ultimately you don't want to spend hours and days creating something you're not going to use in its full extent - storytelling, animation. I never use prefab base-meshes simply because it misses the point of creating and there is no base meshes for my work. I've got my own super average human and though it probably sucks compared to the Pixologic one - it's mine, but I rarely use it. Modelling can be a good anatomy exercise if you have the right attitude. I think it's all about anatomy and trying to follow in the nature's ways.

Another key pose.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast