ZBrushCentral

DAGGER Tutorial

Hi,
Quite a few people asked me to do a prop tutorial .I got a little time of work and thought I’d put one together today…so here it is !

Steve.

Diagram

DAGGER Tutorial :
  1. (A) Blade created with Pixolators ( Blade style 3 Tutorial )

2. (B) The Sphereinder 3D tool placed and was used 3 times ,each time
    decreasing the size by about half then placing.On the 3rd one (smallest) I add a grid mask
    and inflated leaving the mask in position .

3. © Next bring up the Cylinder 3d tool .Go to SELECTION/Mask all ,then click Rows/Sel 2
    and DEFORMATIONS/inflate to desired amount .Then place 2 of these tools one above the other
    as shown in diagram.

4. (D) Bring up the Cylinder tool again, go to DEFORMATIONS/Taper to around 30 .
    Make sure the cylider is upright in the deformations view panel.Then go to SELECTION/Mask all,
    And click Cols/sel 1 then DEFORMATIONS/inflate to your desired amount .

5 (E) Next you create a bridge with 3 rings, joining what you’ve created so far for the handle .
Bring up a Torus tool ,then SELECTION/Mask all and click Cols/sel 3. DEFORMATIONS/inflate to whatsuits you
And place ,one abve the othere ,using the snapshot and Edit/move.

1. (F) Take the Helix 3D tool and place as is.

2. (G) The Handel was created with the cylinder tool .First make sure the cylider is upright in the deformations view panel
    and size it up to about 70 on the Y axis .Then SQUEEZE to about –(minus) 5 then SELECTION/Mask all ,then click Grd/Sel 1.
    Place the handle . If you want a finer pattern ,just increase your mesh with DEFORMATIONS/Divide .

3. (H) .At the top of the handle 3 Torus tool are placed to hold the gem stones .On the first 2 go to DEFORMATIONS/Sbend
    and bend it slightly ,make sure the torus is uprightand side on in the deformations view panel. ,then place it .
    The top torus as been twisted INITIALIZE/Twist ,lower the poly count down to get the twist .You can place this one after the next stage.

9 (I) Bring up another Torus tool got to SELECTION/Mask all ,then click Grd/Sel 1, and place 2 at the top of the handle and 2 at the
bottom as shown .Then place your twisted torus from the last stage .

1. (J) Finally ,Back to the tool palette for the Sphere3d .Next go to INITIALIZE/Hdiv 7 Vdiv 9 ,make sure the Quick Edit 3D is on in the
    Prefrences palette. Then place the gems with snapshot .

Just to finish ,cut some drip grooves in the knife blade with the Eraser tool and a circular alpha. Add a few more little detail ,what ever comes to mind
And your good to go !!!
MultiMarker these objects together and you’ve got a Dagger for all occasions !

Materials : Blade and all other metal parts = TexturedMetal
Gems = GelShaderA
Handel = BasicMaterial

Hope you enjoy and get something from it !
Stevie_rae.

Looks totally amazing!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you. Book marking this. Want to try this out asap.

Thanks again!

Wow, thanks Stevie for putting together this very enlightening piece - I had no idea there were so many different parts, I thought it was all one model. This is a very interesting prop making technique and I think more helpful for me to start breaking things down in the future.

Amazing dagger technique. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: :+1:

Thank you for this excellent tutorial, Ztevie. When one sees just how much work went into the making of this single accessory, it’s awe-inspiring to imagine the total effort that goes into those immaculately modelled characters of yours. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Step Number 7!!!woooooooohoooooooo thank you so very much Stevie!!! I am slapping myself silly right now as you have just shown me the light and error of my ways…100x :+1: 's

definitely bookmarked :warning: :warning: :warning: :warning:

Thanks Stevie, it’s great when the experts share their stuff with the rest of us wannabe’s…
D.T.

P.S. Although I’m not sure what i wanna be when i grow up…

Cool !!! Tnx bro for sharing your tecnique !!! :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cheers Stevie.
A great insight into the detail you put in all of your images.
Enlightening stuff.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Great tut Stevie, talk about inflation man :smiley:

AWESOME tute, sir…bookmarked for future reference, since i have the zbrushing skills of a fly these days…lol ;o)

Backstage of a magician :cool:
Pilou

Thanks for this insight into your 3d craftsmanship Steve! Excellent detail and modeling technique!
Michael

Awesome Ztevie ray :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

David

Glad you were able to get something from it .
Soon as I get some spare time .I’ll do a few more !
Your feedback was mucho appreciated !. :wink:

Steve.

Thank you ztevie :+1: :+1: :+1:
Great Tutorial :+1: :+1: :+1:

Stargo

Thankyou ZStevie !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hey Steve, great tutorial!

I’m pretty new to zbrush (it was love at first sight), how can you work with multiple meshes/use multiple pieces to create a single object in zb? by using markers? Anyone :qu: