ZBrushCentral

Possible to ZScript blend modes?

Hi,

Long, long time no post. Happy to be here. Not happy that I have to post this.

Quick question, which I am afraid I already know the answer to.

Is it possible to zscript changes to the Material > Shader Mixer > Blend Mode popup menu ? I would have thought it worked just like all other ZBrush pop up menus.

I have tried pretty much all I can think of. Recording a Zscript of me changing the blend mode results in an interface item not found, when the zscript is played back.

It reminds me of the Tool > Surface > Col0 and Col1 problem where you can not query those values either. Still not sure why the Col0/1 changed to using the OS (windows/mac) color picker, instead of acting like all other color selectors in ZBrush.

Or maybe there is a simple solution to both those issues?

Cheers

Hi Mark,

Good to see you asking questions. :slight_smile:

Sadly, I think that you are right and there’s no way to do this - at least, I haven’t found one in my tests. Should I come up with something I’ll let you know.

Cheers,

Thanks Marcus,

I was afraid that was the case although I was sure I had a solution yesterday. Turned out it was probably me who changed to a material which had the blend mode I wanted.

But I tried [Iset,…], [Ipress,…], [Iclick,…], [IKeyPress,…], [IKeyPress,…] with mouse coordinates set to the ihpos/ivpos of the Material > Shader Mixer > BlendMode item. Also tried an external application to click where I would imagine the Blend Modes palette would pop up.

But of course to no avail as it seems ZScripting is paused while the Blend Modes palette is visible. [ISet, “Material:Shader Mixer:BlendMode”, 1] causes the Blend Mode’s palette to appear at the cursor coordinates and pauses the remaining zscript. As soon as you move the cursor away from the palette the zscript continues.

So strange. I like Zbrush. I like zscripting in ZBrush, but some of these curve balls are just a little bit too unfair :wink:

Btw, I got [IDialog,…] to work ! If by work you mean appear in a fixed position each time it is activated. But funnily enough the width of the idialog is pretty much the same as the width of the Material > Shader Mixer > BlendMode palette.

Still having fun though. :smiley: